Superior Marine Ways, Inc. is accepting applications for a Experienced Deckhand in South Point, OH.
Must have at minimum 6 months of deckhand experience to apply.
Performs any combination of following duties aboard vessels; handles lines to tie vessel to docks, another vessel, or rig towing lines and wires.
Duties and responsibilities
- Wire barges and tow
- Tie off barges
- Transfer or rigging
- Boat cleaning
- Cleaning of decks and boats
- Pump barges
- Transport and reposition equipment
- Maintenance and housekeeping as directed on vessel and tows.
- Deckhands are accountable for their own health, safety, and cleanliness. In addition they are responsible for the safety, security and well-being of the vessel, other crew and all others aboard the vessel at all times.
- Deckhands are responsible for compliance with adhering to the provisions of the COI, for compliance with the company’s safety management system and all applicable regulations.
- Deckhands must be knowledgeable of all applicable rules and regulations and the policies and procedures as described in the company Safety Management System.
- All crew members, including Deckhands, are responsible for taking actions to prevent accidents and injuries.
- All crew members, including Deckhands, are responsible for the safety of the towing vessel the tow and associated equipment.
- All crew members, including Deckhands, are responsible for minimizing any distraction from the operation of the vessel of performance of duty.
- All crew members, including Deckhands, are responsible to verbally report hazardous or unsafe conditions immediately to the Master and for making “on-the-spot” corrections when capable.
- Participating in education and training such as vessel drills.
- Deckhands must be willing to perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Reliable for designated schedule regardless of weather conditions
- Must be able to take instruction and supervision from all supervisors.
- Preferred experience with marine industry
- Familiar with heavy equipment
- Must work in team environment
- Color vision to recognize color coded objects
- Lift and carry 50-75 lbs for several hundred feet
Special working conditions include; regular evening and weekend work, 12 hour shift work, working outdoors, working in various weather climates, ability to withstand working on the water and heights.
This is a physically demanding job, one where the incumbent is required to stand for extended periods of time, lift heavy objects on a regular basis, do repetitive tasks, work in confined spaces, ascend and descend ladders while carrying equipment and exposure to weather climates.
RELEVANT EXPERIENCE REQUIRED.
To learn more and apply for this position, click here.
Learn more about Superior Marine Ways, Inc. here.