Experienced Welders (East Alton, AL)
Mike’s Inc., a union shop, is seeking full-time, Experienced Welders for their marine repair facility in East Alton, IL
- Have minimum 2 years SMAW welding experience
- Be willing to work Evening Shift (2:30pm – 11:00pm), overtime & weekends
- Have a valid driver’s license
- Able to obtain a TWIC card
- Be willing to work outdoors in inclement weather
- Regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds; occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds
Job duties include SMAW/arc/stick welding only (6011, 7018, 7024), use of cutting torch, grinders, pulling chain hoists, swinging sledgehammer, use of hand, electric, & air operated tools, cutting, fitting, welding on boats & barges; changing towboat wheels, rudders, tail shafts, etc. while on drydock
- Starting wage $15.00 - $16.50 hourly based on skill/experience + 7% Eve shift differential
- Previous shipyard/marine experience preferred.
In addition, applicants must be safety conscious, willing to work overtime & weekends as needed to complete projects or meet deadlines and possess the ability to work well both with a team or unsupervised.