Superior Marine Ways, Inc. is accepting applications for a Fabrication Shop Manager (South Point, OH)
Monday through Friday. Full benefits including; health insurance, 401K retirement and paid time off are offered. Call 740-894-6224 for additional information, Justin Apgar
Job Duties -‐ Include but not limited to:
- Overseeing the fabrication and machine shop processes
- Assigning duties, ordering materials and consumables, minimizing waste, providing leadership, inspecting carried work, ensuring a safe workplace, and recruiting staff
- Manages production schedules, process quality, efficiency standards, budget, inventory and data reporting.
- Responsible for maintaining adequate supply of departmental shop supplies and materials. Assures proper maintenance of equipment, tools and housekeeping
- Ensure workshop safety and security
- Submits department budgets and adheres to them. Assists in the capital equipment implementation process
- Facilitates employee hiring, training, development and performance evaluations. Administers corrective action as needed. Ensures training and education on specific tasks and company related functions
- Responsible for all work to be carried out to quality and specification requirements and that documentation is completed on time as per current schedule of works
- 5 years of experience. Previous supervisory experience.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret engineering drawings, blueprints, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports.
- Ability to estimate material and labor needs for jobs
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Applying concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instruction furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are required.
- Strong organizational and business management skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications and email.
Applications are available on www.superiormarineinc.com or at 5852 County Road 1, South Point, and Ohio 45680. For questions regarding this position call 740-‐894-‐6224 and ask for Human Resources. It is the policy of Superior Marine, Inc. and its affiliates to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment.
All employment practices such as recruitment, selection, promotions, and other terms and conditions of employment are administered in a manner designed to ensure that all employees and applications for employment or services are not subjected to discrimination on the basis of age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, medical condition, disability, marital status, religious or political preferences. Superior Marine, Inc. and its affiliates are committed to providing a work environment free from discrimination and harassment, and where employees are treated with respect and dignity. This policy is in accordance with State and Federal laws and reaffirms Superior Marine’s continuing commitment to both the spirit and intent of Equal Employment Opportunity laws and policies. Superior Marine accepts applications at the main office for any open positions from 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM, Monday through Friday.