B.L. Duke is accepting applications for a Fabricator/Welder (Joliet, IL).
BL Duke, Inc, is seeking a full-time Fabricator/Welder to join our team. This team member will take an active role in the organization within the Fabrication Department. The Fabricator/Welder will report to the Fabrication Manager. Position is located at our Joliet Facility.
$500 sign on bonus after first 90 days.
The Fabricator/Welder primarily welds metal components together with brazing and variety of arc and gas welding equipment to fabricate or repair products such as machine parts, plant equipment, motors, and generators by performing the following duties. Each job must be ran with safety, accuracy, and timeliness in the welding area.
Positions allocated to this classification report to a designated manager or supervisor and work under general supervision.
Work in this class requires the ability to work under limited supervision and to make decisions and work independently. Valid driver’s license. Be able to lift 100 lbs. alone, work in inclement weather and outdoors.
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Determine the appropriate welding equipment or method based on requirements
- Weld parts in flat, vertical, and/or overhead positions
- Use portable grinder, hand file, and/or scraper when necessary
- Operate fork lift
- Proper packaging, identifying and moving of all finished products
- Uses electricity and torches to produce heat and solder together components
- Cutting Torches
- Plasma Cutter
- Fabricating Skills
- Able to meet daily production plan
- Be a pace setter to establish the production for welding operation
- Willing to complete road calls and service work out on job sites
- Prepare and recondition used garbage containers to be reused in a timely manner
- Dependable — more reliable than spontaneous
- Adaptable/flexible — enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Autonomous/Independent — enjoys working with little direction
- Welds metal parts together using both gas welding or brazing and any combination of arc welding processes
- Performs related tasks such as thermal cutting and grinding.
- Repairs broken or cracked parts, fills holes, and increases size of metal parts.
- Positions and clamps together components of fabricated metal products preparatory to welding.
- Locates and repairs cracks in industrial engine cylinder heads.
One year certificate from college or technical school; or three to six months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Continually required to stand
- Continually required to walk
- Occasionally required to sit
- Continually required to utilize hand and finger dexterity
- Continually required to climb, balance, bend, stoop, kneel or crawl
- Frequently required to talk or hear
- Frequently utilize visual acuity to operate equipment, read
technical information, and/or use a keyboard
- Occasionally/Frequently/Continually required to lift/push/carry items more than 50 pounds
- Occasionally exposure to wet and/or humid conditions (non-weather)
- Frequently work near moving mechanical parts
- Occasionally work in high, precarious places
- Occasionally work around fumes, airborne particles, or toxic chemicals
- Frequently exposed to outside weather conditions
- Frequently loud noise (examples: metal can manufacturing, large earth-moving equipment)
- Frequently very loud noise (example: jack hammer work)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand and walk. The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; outside weather conditions; extreme cold and extreme heat. The employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts and high, precarious places. The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
B.L. Duke, Inc, is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
B.L. Duke is full-service ferrous and non-ferrous metal recycler and processor. Founded in 2000, we’re committed to revolutionizing the scrap metal recycling industry through innovation, game-changing efficiencies, and cutting-edge technology. Today, we’re a mill direct supplier of ferrous and non-ferrous metals, fiber and plastics offering two convenient recycling facilities to serve you in Forest View, IL and Joliet, IL.
Please click here to learn more and apply for this position.