Jacobs is accepting applications for Federal Buildings Design Project Manager (St. Louis, MO)
At Jacobs, we challenge what is currently accepted, so we can shape innovative and lasting solutions for tomorrow. If you’re interested in a long and rewarding career working with the industry’s best and most innovative engineers, then Jacobs is where you belong. We are looking for a driven and curious client-focused Project Manager to grow with our team.
The Buildings & Infrastructure Line of Business is a global network of employees, which serves both the private and public sector. Our employees work to shape the communities we live in by creating world-class projects that transform the future development patterns of those communities. We provide our clients award-winning planning, engineering, architectural and interior design, construction and program management, and design-build project delivery. The Jacobs business model allows us to successfully service our clients, leverage our integrated services, and provide our employees with growth opportunities while delivering global solutions to our client’s local programs.
This position will be based in St. Louis, Missouri and will primarily support federal projects for DoD clients (Navy, Army, Air Force), Federal Civilian agencies (GSA, NPA, BLM, DOE, etc), and various defense contractors (Boeing, Lockheed Martin, etc.) at various locations.
Reporting directly to the Regional Project Manager, this position manages multi-discipline teams of employees, including: Architectural, MEP, Structural, Civil and others as required by the particular project. The position requires a level of technical expertise to successfully manage large complex projects, both renovation and new construction. Project scope may include operational, administrative and training facilities, maintenance and industrial facilities, Research, Development, Testing & Evaluation facilities, ammunition, fuels, and general storage facilities, and mission critical facilities, among others.
- This position is client facing, The PM will act as the company’s main point of contact for design coordination and construction administration with the Government.
- The Federal Project Manager is responsible for design deliverables for design-bid-build projects (full plans, specifications, design analysis), design-build RFPs documents, engineering studies, feasibility reports and other engineering requirements. The position requires the ability to successfully manage multiple projects simultaneously, completed on time, within construction budget and in accordance with agreed scope.
- Provides effective, skilled project management to help reduce the costs of delivering projects and adding value to Jacobs and the client by applying proven project management techniques.
- Also responsible for construction phase services as required by the scope of work. This typically includes services performed in office environment such as coordinating Jacobs’ responses to RFIs, shop drawing reviews, and construction modification documents.
- The Federal PM leads the design team in the development of project documents by providing overall direction to the team, and coordinates with external project stakeholders, internal team members and subcontractors.
- Functions as a team leader for assigned projects serving as the primary point of contact with the client Responsible for project deliverables that are compliant with the Scope of Work and all project requirements.
- Responsible for the overall quality of the project documents and adherence with Jacobs Quality Program. Manages and enhances project quality by providing ideas and guidance to the team aimed at improving the effectiveness of their role and project delivery in general
- Assesses project requirements and develops and executes a sound project management approach to meet the needs of the project and client.
- Responsible for initial development of the project fee proposal and coordination with discipline directors and design leads for specific budget input and plays a prominent role in fee negotiations with the client.
- Facilitates the creation of communication plans, ensuring that appropriate information is exchanged among key stakeholders, and conducts status review meetings among project team members and clients through project execution.
- Determines, monitors and reviews internal costs, operational budgets, schedules and staffing requirements for project teams
- Plans, organizes and staffs key design positions for the project working with the Director of Projects and Operations Managers.
- Mentors and trains team members in project management methods, procedures and activities
At Jacobs, we’re partnering across the globe to create the best project outcomes by maximizing the design, digital technology, and support capabilities of our Global Integrated Delivery (GID) teammates. By joining Jacobs, you’ll commit to supporting and engaging with these teams, as we work to build a company like no other.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
- Bachelor’s in Engineering or Architecture.
- Experience as a Project Manager or Project Architect with industrial building types including all phases of design and construction administration.
- Strong working knowledge of design and construction, building systems/components and technology, Federal Design Criteria (e.g., Uniform Facilities Criteria), contract management, project delivery methods, team- building and client relationship building.
- US Citizenship.
Ideally, you’ll also have:
- Professional Registration (P.E.) or Registered Architect (RA) is preferred, PMI Certification will be considered.
- 8+ years of experience as a Design Project Manager in an Architectural or Engineering organization is preferred.
- Demonstrated design and project management experience within Federal and/or DOD markets is preferred.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), age, medical condition, marital or domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression and transgender status, mental disability or physical disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship, low-income status or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws and supplemental language.
At Jacobs, we’re challenging today to reinvent tomorrow by solving the world’s most critical problems for thriving cities, resilient environments, mission-critical outcomes, operational advancement, scientific discovery and cutting-edge manufacturing, turning abstract ideas into realities that transform the world for good. With $13 billion in revenue and a talent force of more than 55,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of professional services including consulting, technical, scientific and project delivery for the government and private sector.
Our People & Places Solutions business – reinforces our drive to improve the lives of people everywhere and epitomizes the “why” of what we do – the tremendous positive impact and value our solutions bring to our communities and society as a whole. From facilities delivering life-saving therapies and ensuring clean water to enabling the connection of people through all modes of transportation and providing access to technology – we’re integrating a multitude of these solution elements to build the smart environments of tomorrow.
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.