Taylor Machine Works, Inc. is accepting applications for a Field Generator Tech (Fort Lauderdale, FL)
• Consults with Service Manager to plan effective work and travel schedule, giving priority to customer need, considering location of machine and availability of parts.
• Provides tools and parts and arranges for facilities to perform repair work (usually on customer premises).
• Reports to Service Manager such information as name of customer, description of machine, nature of malfunction, the time involved in working, driving, and waiting, mileage, etc. so that proper accounts can be charged, and proper billing can be made.
• Performs preventative maintenance service to generator sets to include changing engine fluids and filters, inspecting the gensets AC and DC systems, belts, hoses, exhaust systems, and other components. Responsible for load bank testing and testing automatic transfer switches. Responsible for filing the proper paperwork and checklist pertaining to each inspection.
• Strives to increase technical skills through attendance at company-sponsored vocational schools, annual training meetings of departmental personnel and reading of technical literature.
• Promotes and enhances company image by maintaining a neat, personal appearance and by keeping the service truck in a clean, polished, and orderly condition.
• High School Education or GED equivalent.
• Must have valid driver’s license and good driving record to be insurable by corporate insurance carrier. Must be able to obtain at least a Class D Drivers License.
• Must have experience with diesel and/or gas engines including servicing and repairing.
• Have some Electrical experience and general knowledge of wiring including reading Diagrams, installation and repair of electrical components and circuits. AC and DC
• Experience with Power Generation would be a plus.
• Must have good technical problem solving and trouble shooting skills.
• Must know how to use a multimeter.
• Must have own tools.
• Must have good computer skills.
• Must work well with others and possess good people skills.
• Must have a professional attitude, and be able to work with customers on a one on one basis.
• Job requires stooping, bending, climbing, and capability of lifting up to 50 pounds.
• Required on occasion to stay overnight at out of town locations.
• Required to be on call rotation 24/7 at times.
Our Mission is to provide our customers with the highest quality products in the world and to back them up with the most responsive aftermarket service organization available while maintaining a sound financial structure for our shareholders, vendors, community, and customers. From Service Center Managers, Engineers to General Technicians and Assemblers, we have career opportunities that reward for results. In addition, we believe in providing our employees with a challenging and rewarding environment in which to grow and prosper.
Taylor Machine Works, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
For more information and to apply for this position click here.
Learn more about Taylor Machine Works, Inc. here.