Come work for the largest equipment dealer in North America! Are you a hardworking individual that thrives in a fast-paced environment and looking to take your career to the next level? If so, then come join our award winning team!
We provide our employees with the following tools and resources to be successful:
- Tuition assistance
- Outstanding benefits package (BCBS PPO, Delta Dental and EyeMed Vision, plus much more!)
- 401(k) with match
- Competitive wages
- Company laptop
- Paid time off
- 10 paid holidays
- Work schedule: M-F, day shift
Alta Equipment Company is seeking a full-time Field Service Dispatch Manager for our Construction Equipment Group at our New Hudson, MI location. The primary responsibilities of the position consist of, but are not limited to:
- Dispatch Technicians to handle service requests and PM's
- Take, record and prioritize customer calls for service requests
- Compile and complete customer summary invoicing
- Manage field truck expenses, work orders, and truck maintenance
- Organize and file paperwork for the department
- Maintain Technician time log
- Answering internal and customer service calls
- Weekly payroll time card entry
- Opening and closing work orders, including accurately recording story lines into each order
- Scheduling periodic maintenance for customer equipment
- Assist Technicians with finding technical data
- Oversee all aspects of the Parts and Service department
- Drive Parts and Service to meet forecasted goals while adding growth
- P&L of Parts and Service department
- Work hand in hand with department managers to promote safe working culture on a daily basis
- WIP control and invoicing
- Employee and customer relations
- Monitor building condition, organize all necessary repairs, perform building safety inspections
- Inventory control, including parts cycle counts
- Assist the Sales department as needed
- Fluent in the operations of the Parts and Service department in order to cover for any staff that may be off
- Incorporate Alta's Guiding Principles into daily activities
- Previous dispatching, warranty administrative or mechanic experience is required
- A strong technical knowledge base is desired to answer Technician questions
- Must have strong computer skills and working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook. Previous ERP experience is a plus.
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of the geographic area
- Must be willing to answer phone calls throughout all times of the day/night
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to communicate with all levels of coworkers, as well as customers
- Language Skills - Intermediate: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization.Mathematical Skills - Intermediate: Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
- Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Reasoning Ability - Intermediate: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations
- Physical/Sensory Functions: Regularly will use sit, use hands, talk/hear; Frequently will reach with hands; Occasionally will stand, walk,climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, taste/smell.
- Vision: No special vision requirements.
- Lift and/or Move Functions: Regularly will lift up to 10 pounds; Frequently will lift up to 25 pounds; Occasionally will lift up to 50 pounds
- Work Environment: Regularly will work near moving mechanical parts, exposed to fumes or airborne particles
Culture is Job #1. Alta Equipment Company prides itself in the 3 P’s of business: People, Process and Product. By investing in the best people and creating a “one team” approach, Alta Equipment Company earns customers for life.
If you have a passion for excellence and are ready to make a difference within our organization, we’re ready for you. Whether it’s selling the world’s-best big iron, rolling up your sleeves and servicing our industry-leading construction and material handling product brands or being a difference maker behind the scenes, we can use your skillset.
At Alta Equipment Company, we believe in mutual respect and are committed to diversity while inspiring our employees to reach their maximum potential. Voted a “Top Work Place USA”, our employees across North America are committed to excellence. It’s the Alta way.
So, let’s start the conversation. Click the link to apply and begin the journey of a lifetime.
To learn more and apply for this position, click here.
Learn more about Alta Equipment Company click here