Cummins Sales & Service is accepting applications for a Field Service Engine Technician (Mobile, AL; Avondale, AZ; San Leandro, CA; Forest Park, GA; White Bear, MN; Greensboro, NC; Hobbs, NM; Bronx, NY; Portland, OR; El Paso and Houston, TX; Richmond, VA)
We are looking for a talented Field Service Engine Technician to join our team specializing in engine repairs for our Distribution Business.
In this role, you will make an impact in the following ways:
- Complete repairs and rebuilds on engine products in the field
- Develop productive customer relations and ensures prompt and efficient attention to customer needs.
- Apply documented procedures and policies to complete repairs and schedule maintenance, including preparing required parts and tools
- Assist with completion required documentation, such as work completed documentation, time sheets, warranty claims and quality forms, via handwritten forms or business system input screens
- Complete training in line with skill and business requirements
- Ensure adherence to all meaningful Health, Safety & Environmental policies, procedures and legislation and reports any issues / incidents to their supervisor
To be successful in this role you will need the following:
- (Entry) Technician Level I: Limited relevant technician experience; qualified to perform work on a minimal number of products in-scope for a diesel technician at this location, primarily engaged in maintenance or basic repairs/diagnostics; requires direct supervision and review of workmanship quality.
- (Intermediate) _Technician Level II: _ Some relevant technician experience; qualified to perform work on an intermediate number of products in-scope for a diesel technician at this location; primarily engaged in moderately complex maintenance and repair; some exposure to moderate or complex diagnostics, requires limited direct supervision, may provide basic training or guidance to new technicians.
- (Advanced) Technician Level III: Significant relevant technician experience; qualified to perform work on most or all of products in-scope for a technician at this location; frequently engaged in complex diagnosis and repair; requires minimal to no supervision; ability to effectively train and guide less experienced technicians of varying skillsets.
- Locally valid driving permit
- This position requires a CDL (Med-Card) and will be a part of the FMCSA pool. We will also be required to complete a DMV driving report for this position.
Compensation and Benefits
Base salary rate commensurate with experience. Additional benefits vary between locations and include options such as our Retirement Savings Plan, Cash Balance Pension Plan, Medical/Dental/Life Insurance, Health Savings Account, Domestic Partners Coverage and a full complement of personal and professional benefits.
Cummins and E-verify
At Cummins, we are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer dedicated to diversity in the workplace. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, color, disability, national origin, age, religion, union affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity and/or expression, or other status protected by law. Cummins validates right to work using E-Verify. Cummins will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
Our culture believes in POWERING YOUR POTENTIAL. We provide global opportunities to develop your career, make your community a better place and work with today’s most innovative thinkers to solve the world’s toughest problems. We believe in flexibility for you to explore your passions while making an impact through meaningful work within our inclusive workforce. That’s what #LifeAtCummins is all about.
Cummins has a strong marine heritage dating back to the company’s start in 1919. More than 90 years later, Cummins continues its legacy of providing reliable, durable diesels to the marine market with a broad range of power for commercial applications.
For more information and to apply for this position click here.