Maintain company reputation of professional, efficient response to customers’ technical needs, assure customer satisfaction upon completion of each task, and maximum utilization of time and travel, so that both customer and HMI are best served.
1. Perform maintenance, repair and rebuilding jobs at customers’ job sites or locations
in a safe, efficient and capable manner, in the least amount of labor hours necessary.
As a field technician in direct contact with the customer, conduct must be such that
the customer retains a good opinion of HMI and its service department.
2. Act as group leader when working in your assigned area with a multi-person assignment.
Utilize personnel assigned to multi-person tasks so that special talents are exchanged.
Multi-person tasks should be used for training, even at the expense of excessive travel.
3. Establish and maintain communication links with service manager and customer support
center so that your location is known at all times.
4. Establish a routine travel pattern among assigned customers which will allow you to
monitor customer reaction, convey knowledge gained through considerable experience,
exchange ideas and observe any areas where special training may be needed.
5. Become personally involved in any situation where warranty work is required. Warranty
work should be conducted only with the knowledge of the regional service manager and
within the confines of company policy.
6. Provide thorough reports in a timely manner according to the established reporting
7. Utilize various training methods so that a continuous program is in effect to upgrade
your professional skills.
8. Sell contract (including Gameplan) and HMIE services to your customers. Become
involved in the team concept of customer support.
9. Utilize every customer contact as a continual training program to improve the ability
of customer personnel to properly operate and maintain equipment.
10. Other duties may be assigned.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Must be able to lift and carry 50 pounds on a regular basis.
- Must be able to push/pull at least 75 pounds on a regular basis.
- Requires prolonged standing, walking, standing, bending, stooping, and stretching.
Must be able to work outside in various weather elements.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Good knowledge of math and general accounting procedures
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft office products
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must have solid organizational skills and strong ability to multi-task
- Ability to work in a team environment
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- Bachelor Degree
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
To learn more and apply for this position, click here.