Palmer Johnson Power Systems has a great opportunity for a full-time Field Service Technician with experience in the Marine Market along with the Equipment Industry. The Field Service Technician is responsible for working safely in the field performing electronic diagnostics, troubleshooting, field repairs, inspection of power train components. The role will be versatile and the right candidate will be a problem-solver that enjoys the challenge of working in a variety of applications within the heavy duty off-highway environment.
The Field Service Technician is responsible for building and maintaining relationships with service and re-manufacturing customers and vendors. This is accomplished by identifying and providing solutions to equipment malfunctions and failures through the inspection, diagnosis, repair, reconditioning and preparation of equipment (unit) in a satisfactory and timely fashion in the field. Our field technicians are often in charge of overseeing the entire job in the field for the customer from diagnosis to removal, repair, installation, and test. We lean heavily on this role to be able to work professionally throughout the entire repair process and document their work. Being versatile and willing to work on a variety of products and in a variety of industries will be a definite plus for this individual. In the marine industry, this person would be working with Port Engineers and boat owners to ensure proper operation of their marine propulsion system.
How do you know if you are the right fit for this job…if you can answer the following questions “yes!” then we want you to apply!
- Do you have strong mechanical field experience as well as a high electronic aptitude?
- Do you have a passion for electronic diagnostics, wiring, strong marine electronics experience as well as strong engine electronic experience?
- Do you have experience working with heavy equipment?
- Do you have a technical degree in diesel or automotive (preferred but not required)?
- Are you willing to travel and spend nights away from home to get the job done?
- Are you skilled in troubleshooting, failure analysis, and basic hydraulic principles?
- Are you able to work independently with minimal or no guidance?
- Are you able to read assembly manuals, drawings, and schematics?
- Do you have a valid driver's license?
- Are you in good physical condition (the ability to lift 50 lbs. and stand for 8 consecutive hours)?
- Do you have the ability to communicate well with customers and have a strong sense of urgency?
- Vocational or Military mechanic training, preferably in diesel
- Mid-level diesel or automotive mechanics
- At least 2 years’ experience working in the repair of industrial, off-road vehicles
- Experience in maintenance, troubleshooting, and repair of gas, diesel, hydraulic, and electrical systems
Our Service Technicians work a M-F daytime shift. Mostly field service work with overnight stays possible, as well as minimal in-shop work. We provide on-going OEM factory training on specific products and lines and technicians are encouraged to attend other training programs that will improve their job skills. We would provide product training both at PJ and through our extensive vendor partnerships.
If this sounds like everything you are looking for in your career, now is the time to apply! PJ is a market leader in a niche industry and is proud to be a small, privately owned company. We pride ourselves on a fun, flexible and un-corporate culture and care about our people’s personal well-being, health, and safety. Plus a service truck would be provided and able to take home. We offer an excellent compensation and benefits package that includes 401(k), health insurance, dental, life, short-term and long-term disability, wellness, time-off benefits, and a leadership development training program. If you like to work in a friendly, team-focused work environment that encourages professional growth, this could be the job for you. Please visit our website to learn more about our company at www.pjpower.com.
Apply for this position here.