Put a LIFT in Your Career! Hyster-Yale Group, Inc. (HYG), a world-class manufacturer of industrial lift trucks, has an outstanding opportunity for an exceptional and talented Field Service Technician based out of our Tyler, TX location. This position is full-time with 75% travel time. HYG designs, engineers, manufactures, sells and services a comprehensive line of lift trucks and aftermarket parts marketed globally under the Hyster and Yale brand names. We are one of the global leaders in the Material Handling industry and have been building relationships and partnering with our customers, suppliers, dealers and employees for over 80 years.
HYG is looking for an energetic individual who will have a positive influence on the HYG Telematics team. As a Field Service Technician, you will have the opportunity to perform onsite pre-installation analysis and onsite installation of HYG Telematics products to meet the demands of dealers and end users.
Key accountabilities include:
- Assist in ensuring that our telematics systems meet the performance, reliability, durability, and operational characteristics required by the Customer
- Perform system monitoring, failure reporting and corrective-action duties which are crucial to improving product designs as they are introduced into all markets
- Enhance customer satisfaction by ensuring optimal performance of the Fleet during operation, as well as the service provider during maintenance and repair, by providing the necessary support to maximize efficiency and value for all parties involved.
- Conduct initial assessment of units to examine fault codes, explore for potential issues, and maximize time onsite.
- Conduct electrical & mechanical systems analysis to reconcile out of service occurrences and identify mechanical barriers.
- Utilize dynamic, maintenance, structural, and ergonomics analysis to ensure uptime to meet customers’ demands & reduce cost.
- Successful inspection of equipment to meet or exceed customer expectations. Address maintenance issues in proactive manner by addressing any concerns found during the inspection process.
- Perform physical installation of product and configuration/module programming to program units.
- Perform installation troubleshooting as need arises.
HS or GED equivalent required.
- 3 years + experience in applicable fields with exposure to similar complex systems.
Previous experience in tangential industry preferred, i.e. car stereo/alarm installation, telecom technician, fork lift technician, etc.
- Mid-level understanding of mechanical and electrical (AC and DC) troubleshooting skills with the ability to read P&IDs and electrical schematics and relate them to physical systems.
- A firm grasp of basic electrical diagrams and mechanical workings in order to tie in product to existing electrical wiring & mechanical applications on fork trucks & other equipment.
- Proficient computer skills and technical analysis abilities necessary to perform job function.
- Must be motivated, and willing and able to work safely in high pressure environments.
- Must be able to adapt readily to project changes and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to work well both within team atmospheres and independently with little supervision.
- Flexibility with working off-hours (within reason as needed) to support a nationwide fleet a must
Hyster Yale Group is an equal opportunity employer with an excellent benefit package including medical, dental and life insurance, 401(k) and profit sharing.
To apply, please visit https://hyster-yalecareers.com