Liebherr is accepting applications for a Final Assembly Line Engineer (Mobile, AL; Everett, WA)
The Final Assembly Line Engineer position works with OE and customer teams to successfully support the final assembly lines.
- Support the Final Assembly line for all Liebherr products on Boeing airplanes in Everett, WA
- Provide expertise and support for systems and components associated with the projects Liebherr Aerospace & Transportation is involved, primarily with Boeing and Airbus in US.
- Promote the image of Liebherr Aerospace at engineering level, and identify quality and cost improvements potentials.
- Support to Aircraft Final Assembly / Production Line and Flight Line (FAL) and ensure reporting through the company tools, and management directives.
- Others, on request, such as Final Assembly Line for Airbus in Mobile, AL.
- Trouble shooting on components, replacement and/or repair of components according to quality procedures. (Quality delegation for FAL and Flight Line interventions and use of Liebherr documentation tools. (T))
- Support engineering analysis and disposition of snags associated with Liebherr components detected on the assembly line.
- Execute Technical Accomplishments (TA) as requested and write CoC.
- Support and manage logistics of part exchange if applicable according to company procedures and inventory handling and management.
- Keeps informed about market conditions, competitive information and industry factors that may impact the goals of the department. ·
- Breaks down problems and issues into components, and analyzes the costs, benefits, opportunities, and risks associated with each alternative solution. ·
- Problem Solving – Identifies problems, gathers and analyzes information, and resolves issues in a timely manner. ·
- Demonstrates strong technical presentation skills, persuasiveness and makes solutions that meet customer needs ·
- Listens to all points of view and negotiates compromise. ·
- Has a good understanding of the Aerospace Industry and sells the product that will best meet the customer’s needs. ·
- Builds rapport with a variety of people and develops alliances to work together toward common goals.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering or other related science/engineering (master’s degree preferred) field with 5-7 years of engineering experience in Aviation or relevant required; or equivalent combination of education and experience Language skills in French and/or German a plus.
Flex time start, comprehensive benefits package that includes major medical, dental and vision insurance; 401K plan with company matching up to 6%, paid vacation and personal days.
In line with its international growth, Liebherr’s venture into the United States began in 1970. Within a couple of years, the company expanded and completed its production facilities in Newport News, VA for its product line of hydraulic excavators. It was later converted into Liebherr’s manufacturing facility for mining trucks and remains home to Liebherr Mining Equipment Newport News, Co. In addition to its production facility, Liebherr markets a wide variety of products and technologies through its companies located across the United States. The companies are Liebherr-Aerospace Saline, Inc., Liebherr Gear Technology, Inc., Liebherr Automation Systems, Co., and Liebherr USA, Co., the umbrella company for eight divisions that are positioned across the United States.
Liebherr is an equal opportunity employer.
For more information and to apply for this position click here.
Learn more about Liebherr here.