Finance Coordinator (Kansas City, MO)
Port KC is accepting applications for a Finance Coordinator (Kansas City, MO)
Port KC is a political subdivision of the State of Missouri and exists to grow the economy of Kansas City through advancing transportation, logistics, and revitalization. Port KC’s powers are derived from Chapter 68, RSMo. At Port KC, our agility, efficiency and cultivated partnerships enable us to create a more globally connected and competitive Kansas City. Our reinvestment in the community strengthens our city and helps build a better place for all Kansas Citians.
The Finance Coordinator will provide accounting support to the Director of Finance and other departments at Port KC. The Finance Coordinator will assist in processing accounts payable and accounts receivable; reconciliations and journal entries. The Finance Coordinator will assist with monthly financial statements, annual reporting, compliance, and internal controls. Additional functions include identifying areas of improvement and cost savings and other duties as assigned.
Applicants are strongly encouraged to visit our website to learn more about our work at Port KC and our partners.
- Manage accounts payable systems, processes, and workflow software
- Manage W9 files, compliance, and annual 1099-MISC reporting
- Manage monthly tenant and other invoices
- Assist with leasing schedules and journal entries
- Record deposits and manage check retention policies
- Monitor accounts receivable, aging reports, and coordinate collections
- Assist with month-end closing procedures, reconciliations, and reporting
- Assist with budget creation and analysis
- Assist with annual and special audits
- Other duties and special projects as assigned, which may go beyond the accounting or finance discipline
- Some local travel required
What You Need To Succeed
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or equivalent
- CPA or CMA certified or eligible with the intention to become certified
- Accounting software data entry experience
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent communications skills, both written and verbal
- Highly organized and detail-oriented
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively
Who You Are
- Relationship-focused, enthusiastic, and fun!
- A critical thinker and problem solver who likes change and innovation
- Hard-working, motivated, and willing to learn
Why Port KC?
At Port KC we strive to inspire, innovate, and collaborate together to achieve a common goal. Our core values lay the foundation for our people-oriented culture and guide us in every business decision. We offer competitive pay and a robust benefits package including 401(k) with match, Medical, Dental, Vision, Employer-Sponsored Life, Disability and AD&D, Health Care Reimbursement Account, and Healthcare Saving Account with generous annual employer contributions, supplemental options, great paid vacation, and personal leave, paid paternal leave, paid volunteer time off, flexible work schedules, wellness programs, employee recognition programs, professional development opportunities, and MUCH MORE. Kansas City Business Journal Best Places to Work.
Port KC is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to equity & inclusion.
Employment is subject to verification of pre-screening tests, which may include drug screening, background check, credit check, and DMV check.
Learn more and apply for this position here.
Learn more about Port KC here.