GHD is accepting applications for a Fire Protection Designer (Chantilly, VA)
Join a global professional services leader. We are committed to solving the world’s biggest challenges in the areas of water, energy and urbanization.
We are looking for a Fire Protection Designer to join our Engineering Design Organization. In this role, you will have the chance to support a wide variety of projects involving fire protection system design, evaluation and construction administration for a diverse group of clientele across the U.S. This position can be based in one of the following office locations: Chantilly, VA, Baltimore, MD or Bowie, MD.
Specific responsibilities in this role will include:
- Developing contract documents for fire alarm and suppression systems (including special suppression systems) in AutoCAD and REVIT
- Performing computerized hydraulic calculations for fire protection systems.
- Performing drawing reviews for compliance with building and fire codes and contract documents.
- Performing reviews of contractor’s shop drawings, product data and calculations.
- Observing installation of fire protection system for compliance with contract documents and preparing field reports
For success in this position, you will possess the following skills and qualifications:
- 0-5 years of experience in the fire protection/fire science industry
- Working knowledge of national building and fire codes and standards
- Expertise in design technology and processes, in particular with Revit & AutoCAD
- Knowledge of National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) Standards
- National Institute for Certification in Engineering Technologies (NICET) Level I or II certification in Water Based Fire Suppression, Special Hazards or Fire Alarm
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Being the best we can be is in our culture.
We are a family of smart, innovative and creative problem solvers. In our employee-owned company, everything feels like it matters more. Challenge us and help us come up with new solutions to ensure water, energy and urbanization are made sustainable for generations to come.
Our commitment to you
Commitment is a powerful word that defines how we do business, how we serve our clients and how we care for one another. We will support your needs by giving you the tools to do your best work and then recognize achievements. We will set your curiosity free to allow brilliant minds to do their best work. We will invest in new ideas, removing barriers where we can. Finally, we will encourage you to collaborate with thousands of diverse people across our global business.
Who we are
We are committed to solving the world's biggest challenges in the areas of water, energy and urbanization. GHD is a global professional services company that is a leader in engineering, construction and architectural expertise. Established in 1928, we remain wholly owned by our people. We are 10,000+ diverse and skilled individuals, yet we are proudly ‘One GHD’ across more than 200 offices, spanning five continents – Asia, Australia, Europe, North and South America, and the Pacific region. Delivering extraordinary social and economic outcomes, we are passionate about building lasting relationships with our partners and clients.
If you are passionate about pursuing this position, please submit your resume and cover letter via the link above.
As a multicultural organization, we encourage individual achievement and recognize the strength of a diverse workforce. GHD is an equal opportunity employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants without regard to race, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, marital status or veteran status.
This position does not provide visa sponsorship.
For more information and to apply click here.