GHD is accepting applications for a Fire Protection Engineer (Baltimore, MD; Chantilly and Richmond, VA)
Join a global professional services leader. We are committed to solving the world’s biggest challenges in the areas of water, energy and urbanization. The position will support a wide variety of projects involving fire and building code consulting, performance based-design, fire protection and fire alarm system design/evaluation, smoke control system, fire modeling, etc., for a diverse group of clientele.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Performing Building/Fire and Life Safety Code Consulting.
- Fire and Egress Computer Modeling and Analysis
- Developing Contract Documents for Fire Protection, Fire Alarm and Special Suppression Systems.
- Design, Testing, and Commissioning of Smoke Control Systems
- AutoCAD and REVIT Design
- Preparation of Alternate Means and Methods, Engineering Judgements and Performance Based Design,
- Hazardous Materials and Special Hazard Analysis.
- Evaluation of Existing Fire Protection and Life Safety Systems. Working with GHD’s Asset Management Group.
- Risk Analysis. Working with GHD’s Advisory Group.
- Bachelor’s degree in Fire Protection, Mechanical, or Civil Engineering, or related field, from an accredited engineering institution.
- 0 -6 years of Direct Experience in the Evaluation/Design of Fire Protection Systems or Performing Building/Fire Code Consultation.
- Experience in Developing Contract Documents for Fire Alarm and Suppression Systems (Including Special Suppression Systems).
- Working Knowledge of National and International Building and Fire Codes and Standards
- Knowledge of National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) Standards.
- Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Excellent Communication Skills
- Be motivated by growth opportunities within GHD
- Engineering-in-Training (EIT)
- Professional Engineer (PE) Registration
- Master's degree in Fire Protection Engineering
- Experience in the Application of fire modeling (FDS, CONTAM, Pathfinder, CFAST, etc.)
- Project Management Capability
- AutoCAD and/or REVIT Design Capability and Experience
Being the best we can be is in our culture. We are a family of smart, innovative and creative problem solvers. In our employee-owned company, everything feels like it matters more. Challenge us and help us come up with new solutions to ensure water, energy and urbanization are made sustainable for generations to come.
Our commitment to you
Commitment is a powerful word that defines how we do business, how we serve our clients and how we care for one another. We will support your needs by giving you the tools to do your best work and then recognize achievements. We will set your curiosity free to allow brilliant minds to do their best work. We will invest in new ideas, removing barriers where we can. Finally, we will encourage you to collaborate with thousands of diverse people across our global business.
Who we are
We are committed to solving the world's biggest challenges in the areas of water, energy and urbanization. GHD is a global professional services company that is a leader in engineering, construction and architectural expertise. Established in 1928, we remain wholly owned by our people. We are 10,000+ diverse and skilled individuals, yet we are proudly ‘One GHD’ across more than 200 offices, spanning five continents – Asia, Australia, Europe, North and South America, and the Pacific region. Delivering extraordinary social and economic outcomes, we are passionate about building lasting relationships with our partners and clients.
For more information and to apply click here.