Marquette Transportation Company is accepting applications for a Fleet Captain/Pilot (Baton Rouge, Laplace, and Donaldsonville, LA)
Marquette has Fleet Captain/Pilot positions at fleeting locations in the Baton Rouge, Laplace and Donaldsonville, Louisiana areas that offer being at home. These positions work 14 days on, 7 days off, rotation and require 12-hours shifts (one week on night, one week on days, one week off.)
- Responsible for the safe and efficient operation and performance of his crew, vessel, and tow.
- The Captain/pilot must also strive to see that company policy, rules, and regulations are followed.
- Must report to the office all violations of policy or violations of federal, state, or local laws.
- Conduct monthly drills and safety meetings in accordance with policies and procedures.
- Ensure all crew members on vessel receive instruction on how to do jobs properly and monitor performance.
- Carry out all duties assigned under the Vessel Security Plan as the designated vessel security officer.
- Ensure that each crew member knows the cargo of each barge in tow and has an understanding hazards associated with cargoes.
- Participate in crew management, performance evaluation, general supervisory duties and management of the vessel’s budget.
- Complete required log and reports.
- Give direction to the mate and/or lead deckhand.
- Maintain the vessel budget and help maximize cost efficiency as directed.
- Provide instructions and information to crew members, land-based personnel, and USCG or lock personnel.
- Fleet work (prepares barges for delivery local customers)
- Schedule: 14 days on, 7 days off, rotation. This position will require 12-hour shifts (one week on nights, one week on days, one week off).
- USCG Master of Towing Vessels license required.
- Must meet USCG physical examination requirements.
- Must be able to climb steep stairs, sit or stand for long periods of time.
- Must maintain valid USCG licensing.
- Maintain an active TWIC.
- Must have reliable, daily transportation to and from the worksite.
Marquette Transportation Company is one of the nation’s largest providers of marine transportation services, having combined three leading family-owned businesses under one banner. Unlike most integrated barge lines, we offer a strategic mix of vessels along many waterways
Marquette Transportation Company is an equal opportunity employer.
Please click here to learn more or apply.
Learn more about Marquette Transportation Company here.