WATCO is accepting applications for a Heavy Equipment Mechanic in (Greenwood, IN; Hanover, MD; Twinsburg, OH )
Assist Facility Manager in the dispatch of transportation equipment in accordance with the dispatch plan to minimize costs and ensure service integrity. Oversees the daily sort and then works with drivers to scan products, load trucks, and depart building. Performs process checks to ensure reporting metrics accuracy.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Spend first part of day leading a group of warehouse associates in the unloading, breaking down, and sorting of all product in the delivery routes.
- Keep track of Material Handling Metrics and daily reporting of the results.
- Monitors facility reporting metrics related to service on a daily basis. Investigates potential performance issues and addresses with drivers. Reviews inaccuracies in generated reports with management and drivers. Ensures errors are corrected in appropriate systems and verifies accuracy of metrics reported.
- Communicates with drivers regarding day-to-day operations including requested load plan changes and implements these changes into the routing systems. Reviews operational metrics with drivers that will affect daily planning and performance including service and customer satisfaction
- Investigates customer service complaints to include disputed deliveries, missing packages, early and late pickups, etc. Communicates resolved issues with customer directly to ensure customer satisfaction
- Assists Centralized Support team in resolving any issues with drivers. Including, but not limited to disputed deliveries, missing packages, early and late pickups, etc.
- Escalates unresolved issues with drivers to appropriate management
- Investigates and reports schedule delays, accidents and equipment failures and implements contingency plans which ensure on-time load delivery in the event of a breakdown or accident
- Processes daily inventory counts and returns
- Minimum high school diploma or GED required
- Administrative support
- Customer service or final mile delivery operations experience preferred
- Web-based routing software experience preferred
- Time management, organizational and multi-tasking skills necessary to work in a fast-paced team environment, handling various tasks and changing priorities, while maintaining a high attention to detail and accuracy to achieve daily assignments and goals
- Verbal and written communication skills necessary to communicate with various audiences
- Ability to read, interpret and draw conclusions from numerical data and written information
- Software skills, including use of Microsoft Office software and web-based applications
- Knowledge of concepts, practices, procedures and transportation regulations used in Pickup and Delivery
Work is performed in a warehouse environment with extensive team member and independent contractor contact and frequent interruptions. While performing the duties of the job, the team member is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The team member is frequently required to stand, walk and reach with hands and arms. The team member must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Watco has a reputation for putting people first. In fact, our company was named to Forbes’ 2021 list of America’s Best Mid-Size Employers.
Working at Watco means working in the exciting field of transportation and supply chain logistics. We’re involved in domestic and international operations that are expanding all the time. Working at Watco also means a supportive, collaborative environment where you can learn and build a career.
And you’ll find that safety is at the heart of everything we do. We look out for our team members’ safety and the safety of the people in the communities where we work.
In addition to these strengths, we offer competitive pay and industry-leading benefits that include health insurance and a company-match 401(k) plan.
Come to Watco and join a team where you’ll leave each day knowing you’ve made a difference.
For more information and to apply for this position click here.