Fleet Supervisor (Capitol Heights, MD)
Watco is accepting applications for a Fleet Supervisor in Capitol Heights, MD.
Fleet Supervisor hours, Monday - Friday 9am - 6pm.
Responsible for managing the pickup and delivery operations through the management of staff and achieving results indirectly through the use of Independent and their employees. Supports the Watco Safety Culture. Works closely with customer service, sales, and station management to ensure successful customer-facing results. May be involved in managing station Linehaul operations to minimize Linehaul costs in stations if dedicated Linehaul management resources are not available.
• Serves as a champion for Watco’s Safety Culture and supports all related initiatives
• Management responsibilities include, but are not limited to: hiring, terminations, coaching, skills development, recognition and rewards, performance evaluation and management, discipline, addressing employee concerns and staff productivity
• Plans, organizes, staffs, directs and controls the day-to-day operations of the department
• Manages the company’s contractual relationships with independent contractors, including conducting and documenting business discussions, conducting forums and ensuring the company’s compliance with the applicable agreement. Advises senior management on decisions to initiate and/or terminate operating agreements
• Ensures compliance to Department of Transportation (DOT) requirements including but not limited to the accurate completion of unit history files, driver, non-driver, temporary and entity files
• Ensures compliance with Company policy and federal, state and local regulations
• Communicates and discusses contractual changes and issues with Independent Contractors. Holds ICs accountable to the terms and conditions of the applicable agreement
• Assists Customer Service in resolving P&D issues
• Accompanies sales professionals on local account visits; addresses any customer issues and assists in the sales process of on-boarding new accounts
• Participates in the development of and responsible for administering company employee relations strategies, including maintaining the confidentiality of such material and matters
• Conducts safety meetings with employees, leads safety committee for P&D, and ensures safety inspections are completed
• Promotes safety by conducting voluntary safety meetings for ICs, and their employees.
• Participates in the development of and responsible for administering company safety strategies and programs.
• May direct the station’s sort operations if dedicated management resources are not available
• May be involved in managing Linehaul schedules and plans for station sorts to maximize capacity, minimize partial trailer loads, and ensure service integrity if dedicated Linehaul management resources are not available
• High school diploma or GED required; Bachelor’s degree in Business, Logistics or a related area preferred Minimum Experience
• Two (2) years management experience or operational leadership experience required; or three (3) years as an Operations, Linehaul, or Logistics Coordinator required. A combination of one (1) year management with two (2) years coordinator experience will also be accepted
Required Skills, Abilities and / or Licensure
• Verbal and written communication skills necessary to explain complex and/or confidential information
• Ability to effectively provide employees instruction on process and practice
• Demonstrated ability to build professional rapport, effectively lead a team and positively influence diverse groups
• Ability to motivate a team to perform at the highest level by inspiring a shared vision and empowering them to act
• Time management and organizational skills necessary to manage multiple projects, appropriately prioritize workload, plan for resources to meet deadlines and goals, and respond to day-to-day functional needs
• Software skills, including use of Microsoft Office software and web-based applications required.
• Ability to develop and effectively implement field operational processes
• Ability to anticipate and identify problems and use sound judgment and fact-based analysis to develop effective and efficient solutions
To learn more and apply for this position, click here.
Learn more about Watco here.