Forklift Operator (St. Louis, MO; Houston, TX)
- Operate in a manner where SAFETY and ENVIRONMENT are the highest importance.
- Demonstrate performance toward operational excellence.
- Maintain regular, dependable attendance and a high level of performance
- Wearing all Watco and OSHA mandated personal protective equipment.
- Must be available for shift work when applicable, overtime when required and must be available to respond during working and non-working hours as required.
- Able to work with a team, take direction and follow work rules, as well as, take on additional job responsibilities as needed.
- Demonstrate knowledge of company safety programs.
- Operate 30k Forklift & Heavy Equipment to move customer products
- Reading job specific specifications for each project.
- Climb onto top and underneath equipment.
- Prepare equipment for product transfer.
- Inspect Forklifts/ Equipment daily, prior to operation.
- Load/unload railcars using the appropriate forklift/equipment in a safe manner as trained.
- Complete all applicable documentation and recordkeeping.
- Perform all work in compliance with Company standards, procedures, and regulatory requirements.
- While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly exposed to a high noise level; moving mechanical parts, moving machinery, outside weather conditions and elements; fumes from gasoline, oil and grease.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
- Must be able to see well enough to read gauges, precision measuring instruments, schematics, maintenance manuals as needed.
- Must be able to talk and hear well enough to communicate with co-workers, supervisors and others within the company 100% of the time.
- Must be able to reach with arms and hands to perform inspection, maintenance and repair duties when needed.
- Must be able to bend, stoop, twist, kneel, squat.
- Must be able to use hands to grasp, handle, finger and feel.
- Must be able to climb and balance well enough to mount equipment by climbing up and down steps as needed.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds without assistance
Watco has a reputation for putting people first. In fact, our company was named to Forbes’ 2021 list of America’s Best Mid-Size Employers.
Working at Watco means working in the exciting field of transportation and supply chain logistics. We’re involved in domestic and international operations that are expanding all the time. Working at Watco also means a supportive, collaborative environment where you can learn and build a career.
And you’ll find that safety is at the heart of everything we do. We look out for our team members’ safety and the safety of the people in the communities where we work.
Come to Watco and join a team where you’ll leave each day knowing you’ve made a difference.
For more information and to apply for this position click here.