Members, please find the below message that was just sent to IRPT’s database of shippers.
Missouri’s manufacturers will soon benefit from $400,000 to help small businesses enter and succeed in the international marketplace.
Funded by the U.S. Small Business Administration, the Missouri Department of Economic Development’s (DED) STEP program. Missouri will use STEP award funds to support eligible small business concerns to expand sector specific exports to key markets as well as to support their efforts through additional marketing activities.
To put Missouri manufacturers products on the map, Missouri DED is hosting free one-hour information sessions to learn more. Events include:
- Kansas City: Thursday, March 1 at 11:00am
- Springfield: Wednesday, March 14 at 10:30 am
- St. Louis: Wednesday, March 28 at 8:30 am
As a friendly reminder, Inland Rivers, Ports & Terminals (IRPT) would also like to provide small businesses in Missouri (and elsewhere) assistance and ease delivering products to larger markets.
- There are hundreds of origination/destination locations (inland and coastal) available to you. Inland Rivers, Ports & Terminals (IRPT) has mapped out and provided contact information to you for origination/destination locations for easy accessibility. Please view the service provider map here.
- Full logistics packages are available providing door -to -door service.
- Using the new ibookfreight (online freight booking system) creates modal competition and lowers the cost of transporting your goods. Please access ibookfreight here.
- Because of innovative shipping solutions, IRPT and our Members can help match your containerized product with other shippers’ containerized product, therefore; the need to fill a full barge load is not always necessary. Please contact us today to learn more about shipping your containerized product by barge. Simply email email@example.com or call 618-468-3010.
We understand you have many shipping options to consider using for your freight transportation and we are inviting you to explore incorporating the inland rivers into their supply chain. There is Capacity Available on the Rivers. Our nation’s rivers deliver vital goods between major gateway ports, establish new trade networks with significant public benefits and create a foundation for future trade growth.
Please contact us for more information or consider contacting an IRPT Member for more information on their services, capabilities and connectivity.
Aimee Andres, AMPE
Inland Rivers, Ports and Terminals, Inc.
One Confluence Way
East Alton, IL 62024
Phone (618) 468-3010
Rediscover the strength of America’s Inland Rivers