Shannon & Wilson is accepting applications for a Geologist - Entry Level (Los Angeles, CA; St. Louis, MO)
- Perform field explorations, collect samples, construction observation, geologic reconnaissance, mapping, and preparing field reports.
- Experience with drilling techniques including: hollow stem auger, down-hole bucket auger, rotary coring.
- Organize laboratory data, conduct limited soil index property laboratory testing, and report data.
- Interact and communicate with subcontractors, clients, and staff at all levels.
- Assist with business development and marketing activities, including preparation of cost proposals.
- Follow Shannon & Wilsons Quality Assurance policy.
- Follow and promote Shannon & Wilsons Health & Safety and Loss Prevention policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- MS Degree in Geology or Engineering Geology, supported by a BS degree in Geology or Engineering Geology, preferred.
- 0 to 6 years of experience as a Geologist, including soil sampling and some testing experience.
- Have taken or are prepared to take LG exam.
- Experience in geologic interpretation using soil and rock samples retrieved from explorations, soil classifications, Puget Sound geology, and glacial geology.
- Experience with application to geotechnical engineering practice (rock mechanics experience a plus) and observation of earthwork, pile/shaft foundation and retaining structure construction a plus.
Typically, depending on an applicant's education, experience, other qualifications they possess, if they are a fit for the company and local office culture, and the current business needs, an Entry-Level Geotechnical Engineer typically would be placed at a Shannon & Wilson Professional I, II, III, or IV level.
Shannon & Wilson is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Shannon & Wilson is a 100-percent employee-owned, internationally recognized consulting firm dedicated to providing quality services in the fields of geotechnical engineering and the applied earth sciences. Founded in 1954, they have successfully completed projects of all sizes and budgets for both the public and private sectors throughout the US.
Shannon & Wilson provides local experience backed by national resources and expertise. They have a diverse staff of more than 300 engineers, they support personnel to provide flexible, rapid responses to clients’ needs. From 12 offices nationwide, Shannon & Wilson’s primary services encompass all aspects of geotechnical and environmental engineering.
For more information and to apply for this position click here.
Learn more about Shannon & Wilson here.