Bacon Farmer Workman Engineering & Testing, Inc. is accepting applications for a Geotechnical Driller (Paducah, KY)
- Driver’s License and good driving record are required
- 2-4 years’ experience in geotechnical drilling and subsurface investigation.
- CDL or ability to obtain a CDL is preferred.
- OSHA training preferred but not required
- Ability to work as a team player with individuals, diverse groups, and the public
- Must be reliable and on-time
- Quality minded and client focused self-starter
- Construction materials testing and inspection experience and certification a plus
- Excellent at time management
Essential Job Functions/Responsibilities:
- Set up and operation of drilling rigs and related equipment to drill holes for geotechnical test boring to determine the soil characteristics of construction sites.
- Ability to operate and maintain drill rigs, associated vehicles, and equipment
- Assure that all drilling functions, including quality control, quality assurance and verification are performed in accordance with the standard drilling methods, project specifications, and other contract documents.
- Retrieve/recover soil and rock samples from drilling operations to be analyzed
- Complete daily reports of drilling and driving activities
- Responsible for safety procedures on jobsite
- Must be able to lift 80 pounds
- Must be willing to work outdoors year-round
- Travel may be required
- Medical Insurance
- Dental and Vision Insurance (employee coverage employer paid)
- Employer Paid Life Insurance of $50,000
- Additional Life Insurance available for employee and dependents
- Short-Term Disability Insurance
- Employer Paid Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Generous Company Match 401k
- Health Savings Account (HSA) or Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Health Reimbursement Account (HRA)
- Remote Work Possible
- Flexible Schedule
Bacon Farmer Workman Engineering and Testing The Bacon Farmer Workman and Marcum Engineering family of companies are committed to providing multi-disciplined, full-service engineering excellence through planning, design, and construction observation phase services for Civil, Structural, Transportation, Mechanical and Electrical projects of diverse complexities.
For more information and to apply for this position click here.
Learn more about Bacon Farmer Workman Engineering and Testing here.