PND Engineers is accepting applications for a Geotechnical Engineer (Anchorage, AK)
Are you a recent or upcoming master's-level civil engineering grad with a passion for geotechnical work? Join our growing geotechnical group supporting civil engineering projects throughout Alaska. You’ll work on a wide variety of projects, using the latest technology, software, and state-of-the-practice laboratory equipment. You will prepare geological analyses, foundation design, slope stability analysis, permafrost design, thermal analysis, seismic design, and contract documents for marine structures, arctic structures, retaining walls, soil improvement, roads, bridges and general site civil development—all with an emphasis on foundation systems. You will plan and manage on-shore and off-shore geotechnical investigations in frozen and thawed ground. You will manage and execute design projects and budgets, and write and edit technical reports and proposals crucial to our clients’ decision making.
What You Need to Succeed in this Role:
- Master’s degree in Geotechnical (preferred) or Civil Engineering
- Successful completion of Fundamentals of Engineering (F.E.) exam
- Interest in cold-regions foundation design and permafrost/arctic engineering
- Strong English writing and communication skills
- Ability to produce well-organized, clear, complete, and concise technical reports. Candidates will be expected to submit original writing samples for review.
- Ability to travel for field work in remote areas, sometimes in adverse conditions but always with breathtaking scenery, throughout Alaska. Travel in other parts of the U.S. and Canada is possible.
- Valid U.S. driver’s license and good driving record
PND Engineers is a 43-year Alaska-based, full-service consulting engineering firm with over 100 professionals based in Alaska, Washington, Oregon and Texas—incredibly smart and fun people who could be your future colleagues! PND provides civil, structural, geotechnical, coastal and marine engineering, hydrology and hydraulics, construction engineering, value engineering, survey, environmental, permitting, inspection and quality assurance, and research and development services to all sectors, including local, state and federal governments, and private-sector clients. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, including overtime premium, discretionary bonuses, and an exceptional 401(k) profit-sharing retirement plan. We provide 18 paid time off days and 9 paid holidays annually. PND is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer: Women/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled