Shannon & Wilson is accepting applications for a Geotechnical Engineer - Entry Level (Anchorage, AK; St. Louis, MO; Seattle, WA)
- Perform geotechnical engineering and geological analyses and calculations.
- Prepare and write engineering and other reports.
- Perform field explorations, collection of samples, geologic reconnaissance, and mapping.
- Perform with construction observation on job sites and prepare summary logs and other documentation.
- Perform geotechnical lab testing and communicate results.
- Interact and communicate with clients, vendors, and staff at all levels.
- Support marketing activities, including preparation of cost proposals.
- Follow Shannon & Wilson’s Quality Assurance policy.
- Follow and promote Shannon and Wilson’s Health and Safety and Loss Prevention policies.
- Perform other duties as assigned by your supervisor.
- BS in Civil Engineering and MS or PhD Degree in Geotechnical Engineering.
- 5+ years of experience in Geotechnical Engineering.
- Engineer-in-Training Certificate
- On track to obtain Professional Engineering (PE) License.
- Work experience (and/or coursework) in one or more of the following areas: soil mechanics; rock mechanics; rock and soil slope stability; shallow and deep foundations; tunneling; micro tunneling; seismic design; earthquake engineering; and retaining structures.
- Field/construction observation experience must include one or more of the following areas: logging geotechnical explorations, observation of pile driving operations, observations of earthwork activities, installation and recording of geotechnical instrumentation, field reconnaissance, and/or underground work.
Typically, depending on an applicant’s education, experience, other qualifications they possess, if they are a fit for the company and local office culture, and the current business needs, an Entry-Level Geotechnical Engineer typically would be placed at a Shannon & Wilson Professional I, II, III, or IV level.
Shannon & Wilson is a 100-percent employee-owned, internationally recognized consulting firm dedicated to providing quality services in the fields of geotechnical engineering and the applied earth sciences. Founded in 1954, they have successfully completed projects of all sizes and budgets for both the public and private sectors throughout the US.
Shannon & Wilson provides local experience backed by national resources and expertise. They have a diverse staff of more than 300 engineers, they support personnel to provide flexible, rapid responses to clients’ needs. From 12 offices nationwide, Shannon & Wilson’s primary services encompass all aspects of geotechnical and environmental engineering.
For more information and to apply for this position click here.