Shannon & Wilson is accepting applications for a Geotechnical Engineer - Mid Level (Portland, OR; Pasco and Seattle, WA)
- Manage multiple clients, contracts, and projects at the same time.
- Perform geotechnical engineering analyses, studies, and calculations.
- Prepare and write engineering and other reports.
- Perform field explorations, collection of samples, geologic reconnaissance, and mapping.
- Perform construction observation on job sites and prepare summary logs and other documentation.
- Interact and communicate with clients, vendors, and staff at all levels.
- Lead, mentor, oversee, and/or supervise engineers and other employees.
- Review technical reports prepared by lower-level engineers.
- Review engineering calculations prepared by lower-level engineers.
- Support business development and marketing activities, including preparation of cost proposals and presentations to existing and prospective clients.
- Follow Shannon & Wilson’s Quality Assurance policy.
- Follow and promote Shannon and Wilson’s Health and Safety and Loss Prevention policies.
- Perform other duties as assigned by your supervisor.
- BS Degree in Civil Engineering (Geotechnical Engineering specialty)
- MS or PhD Degree in Geotechnical Engineering (or Geological Engineering), supported by a BS Degree in Engineering or Geology.
- 7 to 14 years of experience as a Geotechnical Engineer.
- Professional Engineering (PE) License in the state office is located.
- Mentoring and supervisory experience.
Typically, depending on an applicant’s education, experience, other qualifications they possess, if they are a fit for the company and local office culture, and the current business needs, a Mid-Level Geotechnical Engineer typically would be placed at a Shannon & Wilson Senior Professional I, II, or III level.
Shannon & Wilson is a 100-percent employee-owned, internationally recognized consulting firm dedicated to providing quality services in the fields of geotechnical engineering and the applied earth sciences. Founded in 1954, they have successfully completed projects of all sizes and budgets for both the public and private sectors throughout the US.
Shannon & Wilson provides local experience backed by national resources and expertise. They have a diverse staff of more than 300 engineers, they support personnel to provide flexible, rapid responses to clients’ needs. From 12 offices nationwide, Shannon & Wilson’s primary services encompass all aspects of geotechnical and environmental engineering.
For more information and to apply for this position click here.
Learn more about Shannon & Wilson here.