COWI is accepting applications for a Geotechnical Engineer - Off Shore Wind (Bridgeport, CT; Boston, MA; New York, NY)
JOIN COWI'S TEAM IN NORTH AMERICA
With over 93 offices worldwide, COWI is a leading international consulting group providing clients with innovative and sustainable solutions to complex challenges within transportation, energy, environment, water, industry, buildings, and planning. Together with our over 6,500 dedicated professionals, COWI pushes the boundaries of engineering design around the globe.
COWI holds a very strong competitive position providing engineering services to the Offshore Wind market with industry leading experience designing monopile, jacket, gravity-based, and floating foundations, offshore substations and port facility upgrades in North America, Europe, and Asia.
COWI has won several significant contracts lately in the US Offshore Wind market designing WTG foundations and other work. We are expanding and seek to employ engineers at all levels to meet the growing demand for our services.
Our renewables team employs more than 200 dedicated specialists, engineers, and project managers focused on the design of fixed and floating offshore wind foundations. The individual selected for this position will join a dynamic team that delivers offshore wind energy solutions and offers full lifecycle services to our customers. We have a track record in making wind energy solutions possible even under the most demanding conditions – deep waters, on challenging soil, and in regions with high seismic activity. Since 1980, we have been involved in more than 1,000 wind power projects in 70 countries and have over 1,200 offshore wind foundations installed worldwide to COWI's design.
DESIGN THE FUTURE WITH A GLOBAL TEAM OF EXPERTS
We are looking for an experienced Geotechnical Engineer. In this position, you will join our global team of experts driving innovation and making a difference in offshore wind design. Together with the rest of the geoscience team, you will strengthen your geotechnical design skills. You will be part of the internal drive in challenging status quo design, a prerequisite to a transformative restructuring that is in line with the market need. It is expected that you will become a Design Lead.
On a day-to-day basis you will:
- Collaborate and work cross-functionally with senior practitioners and project managers in the design and analysis of foundations for offshore wind turbines, offshore electrical substations and port facilities in support of all phases of project lifecycle, including planning, design, construction, operation and decommissioning by providing geotechnical and foundation expertise
- Perform 3-D soil-structure interaction analysis, geotechnical analysis and dynamic analysis using advanced finite element software, perform structural design and specifications for offshore wind foundations
- Develop design methodologies and contribute to knowledge sharing
- Prepare design deliverable documents and handle quality control validation of detailed calculations, design drawings and specifications
- Visit site and/or client offices as required by the project (±10 percent of job responsibilities may take place out of the office)
- Have frequent in-person and virtual interfaces with Project Director, Project Manager, design team, BIM/CADD team, etc.
- Bring a positive attitude and assist in improving the technical competency of the Offshore Wind team
YOUR SKILLS. OUR TEAM. TOGETHER WE DESIGN THE FUTURE
Your skills are the key to our success. Working across borders and disciplines, we share knowledge and build strong relationships with colleagues and customers. You contribute with your expertise and get to learn from and work with the best.
To succeed in this position, we believe that you should be results-oriented with a focus on high quality and thoroughness with a drive to advance the state-of-the-art. You should possess excellent written and verbal English communication skills with experience in client interaction and communication.
Furthermore, you should:
- Hold M.S. or higher degree in Geotechnical Engineering, focusing on the design of foundations, along with a minimum of two (2) years' experience working as a geotechnical engineer
- Possess a Professional Engineering License (P.E.), can obtain the same within 12 months of employment or have passed the Fundamentals of Engineering examination with a plan to obtain a P.E. license
- Be experienced in soil-structure interaction and preparing and checking engineering designs and calculations for deep foundations and pilings for bridges, buildings, marine structures, etc.
- Be experienced in the production of design documents for issue to clients
- Have experience with Plaxis 3D or similar geotechnical software
- Be able to interface with other technical disciplines (structural, electrical, mechanical, BIM, CADD, etc.)
- Excel at working in a culturally diverse setting and successful in succeeding in a high-demand, fast-paced market that requires high-quality and efficient production
- Be able to manage your own time
- Have excellent communication skills and be able to work with colleagues all over the globe
Ideal candidates will also:
- Have offshore wind foundation design and analysis experience
• Have experience with Seasam, Abaqus, Matlab, Python and other industry software and programming languages
• Be familiar with offshore codes (API, DNVGL, ISO, etc.)
DO YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS?
Please email our Global Recruitment Specialist, Priyanka at firstname.lastname@example.org
HOW TO APPLY
Click on the link below and tell us why you are the right person for this role. We look forward to receiving your application as soon as possible since the recruitment process is ongoing.
COWI provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, COWI complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Please click on this link for more information
COWI is a leader within our field, because our employees are leaders within theirs. We invite you to learn from the best and expand your potential in an outstanding environment, where we collaborate on shaping tomorrow's societies. Alongside your manager, you outline the path for your development and build your expertise on a day-to-day basis, working on global and local assignments. For more information, please visit www.cowi.com/about
Please click here to learn more and apply for this position.
Learn more about COWI here.