Bacon Farmer Workman Engineering and Testing is accepting applications for a Geotechnical Staff Engineer/Geologist (Belleville, IL; Paducah, KY).
Essential Job Functions/Responsibilities:
- • Perform boring layouts and utility clearances.
• Plan, coordinate, and monitor subsurface explorations.
• Perform field explorations, analyze field conditions, and generate field reports for assigned geological projects.
• Collect soil and water samples and ship them to laboratory for analysis.
• Assist with performing geophysical surveys.
• Provide geological expertise to team members when needed.
• Perform a variety of geotechnical design and analysis.
• Prepare and review reports and proposals
• Budget daily and ongoing activities including assistance with client invoicing
• Marketing the firm and its services, which will include extensive client interaction and development of a client database
• Familiarity with industry standard computer software such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
• Occasional travel will be required
- Bachelor of Science in Civil/Geotechnical Engineering
- Geotechnical Engineer / Geologist / Civil Engineer / Geosciences Degree / EIT preferred
- 0 to 4 years of experience or master’s degree in related field
- Driver’s License and safe driving record required
- Working knowledge of, or ability to learn, geotechnical software, including gINT. Experience with slope stability analysis software (e.g., GeoStudio or Slide), earthquake engineering software, deep foundation software, and LRFD design.
- Ability to think critically, act decisively, and synthesize detailed information into easily understandable format
- Ability to take initiative and manage projects through completion with minimal supervision
- Creative and innovative thinker, who actively pursues and presents opportunities, proposes solutions, and recommends best practices
- Strong spoken and written communication skills
- Excellent organization and time management skills
- Ability to effectively prioritize multiple tasks
- Effective working in both individual and team environments
- Exhibit a positive attitude and professional demeanor
- Generous and curious nature, coupled with a sense of humor and grace under pressure
- Medical Insurance
- Dental and Vision Coverage (employee coverage employer paid)
- Employer Paid Life Insurance of $50,000
- Additional Life Insurance available for employee and dependents
- Short-Term Disability Insurance
- Employer Paid Long-Term Disability Insurance available.
- Company Match 401k program
- HSA or FSA
- Remote Work Possible
- Flexible Schedule
The Bacon Farmer Workman and Marcum Engineering family of companies are committed to providing multi-disciplined, full-service engineering excellence through planning, design, and construction observation phase services for Civil, Structural, Transportation, Mechanical and Electrical projects of diverse complexities.
For more information and to apply for this position click here.