Patrick Engineering is accepting applications for a GIS Developer (Remote)
Patrick is a national engineering and design, construction, management services, and technology firm. Since 1979, we have been providing services to local, state, and federal government agencies; private and public utilities; and FORTUNE 500 companies. Having worked in all 50 states, six different countries and proven ourselves as a trusted partner, clients turn to us for the entire process of project delivery - from planning through construction to operation and maintenance. Patrick accomplishes this with a full suite of engineering disciplines, experienced construction managers, program management and project controls experts, and GIS and asset management technology specialists. We serve clients in the transportation, utility and renewable, industrial infrastructure, and federal and institutional markets. We take pride knowing the projects we work on have a positive effect on the community, society, and the environment.
GIS Developer (while this role is remote, residence in the U.S. is required)
The GIS Developer is responsible for building out architectures and software solutions solving a variety of geospatial business problems for customers utilizing modern tooling and technologies. The GIS Developer provides geospatial technology support for problems of moderate scope and complexity and is responsible for developing, configuring, testing, implementing, and maintaining geospatial systems in close collaboration with the Development team. The Developer at this level may perform multiple concurrent assignments and may lead a small project of limited scope.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and/or customize geospatial applications using comprehensive geospatial knowledge, project requirements, and an understanding of client needs
- Participate in the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) process in collaboration with other team members and provide GIS customization support on projects
- Participate in requirements gathering and analysis, functional specification, software design, testing, and deployment
- Participate in code reviews; deliver code focused on scalability, testability, supportability, and maintainability
- Maintain code integrity and organization
- Assist Analysts and/or Consultants with business development activities by participating in the creation of work plans, pricing estimates, and risk assessments for projects
- Recommend enhancements or changes to technology, methodology, and process standards
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Geography/GIS, or other closely related field of study
- Typically 3+ years of experience developing GIS applications with development experience for web, mobile, and desktop applications
- Knowledge of standard methodologies, concepts, best practices, and procedures within a software development environment or complimentary GIS background
- Proficient using modern frameworks for either front end (e.g., Angular, Vue, React or scripting languages (e.g. Jupyter Notebooks, ArcGIS Pro Python Interpreter)
- Experience with back-end database technology such as Oracle, SQL Server, or PostGreSQL
- Familiarity with version control tools such as Git
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications
Patrick does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or agencies. Any resume submitted to any employee of Patrick without a prior written search agreement will be considered unsolicited and the property of Patrick. Please, no phone calls or emails.
Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action Policy Statement
It is the policy of Patrick Engineering Inc. (“Patrick”) to provide equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disabilities, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetics, military status, disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, other protected veterans (veterans who served during a war or in a campaign or expedition for which a badge has been authorized), and Armed Forces service medal veteran, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. We are strongly committed to this policy and believe in the concept and spirit of the law.