Summary: Alliance Engineering and Planning is now a part of the LJA, Inc. family of companies
LJA recognizes that our success depends on the quality of the people we hire. We are currently seeking highly talented individuals that take pride in their work, function exceptionally well in team environments, and contribute to the overall success of the company. As a 100% employee-owned company, we promote an entrepreneurial spirit that helps drive the bottom line and the long-term professional and financial success of our employees. With more than 50 office locations, LJA is growing and ready for talented people to help us build our future.
- Ability to communicate both verbally and in writing
- Proven ability to multi-task, appropriately prioritize workflow and complete tasks
- Highly client service-oriented, self-starter, and team player
- Ability to solve problems
- Excellent time management skills
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD taking data from field team and creating drawings
- Compiling information for plans, as-builts and final plats
- Assisting in preparing preliminary information and specifications for plans
- Prepare engineering-related calculations and develop drawings and visual aids
- Assisting in developing a variety of layouts, drawings and designs
- Assisting in obtaining permits and approvals for projects
- Exercise judgment limited to developing details of work in making preliminary selections and adaptations of engineering alternatives
- Assignments are designed to further develop judgment and understanding of professional and ethical responsibilities
- Work under the supervision of a project manager or senior-level team member
- Performs a variety of civil engineering duties.
- Responsible for the development of engineering computations, material quantity take-offs, estimates, surveys and designs.
- Performs various engineering and design assignments requiring the application of basic principles and fundamental theories studied in a four-year university engineering program, and available data in the engineering field.
- Provides support for other engineering activities as required.
- Perform due diligence for site selection and site planning activities which will include, but is not limited to, preliminary local zoning and environmental evaluation.
- Assist in site plan design , including conceptual drainage, grading, and preparation of Low Impact Development (LID) plans.
- Complete hydraulic calculations and analysis and prepare reports in formats acceptable to the jurisdictional authorities.
- Supervise design using analysis software and AutoCAD Civil 3D and Hydraflow.
- Completion of engineering calculations and design using AutoCAD Civil 3D.
- Create and assemble a complete set of site construction documents
- Stay up to date and current of all changes in codes and industry standards both at state and national levels.
- Oversee and administer the activities of other civil consultants (Geotech, Surveying, etc)
- Read and evaluate the following: Land Surveys and GIS Mapping, Geotechnical Engineering reports, Wetland delineation reports, Traffic studies, Phase I, II and III environmental assessment reports, Subsurface location surveys, Noise and sound studies, Wildlife/ critical habitat/ archeological/ historic/ and cultural resource reports
- Help define Site Design Concept documents for projects.
- Perform site and facility condition assessments.
- Performs other responsibilities associated with this position as may be appropriate.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering
- EIT License OR eligibility to obtain
- 3+ Years experience designing land development projects using Civil 3D software applications
- Ability to effectively communicate with internal and external partners including clients, sub consultants and utility companies
- Excellent time and project management skills
- Very organized, dependable and professional
- Previous internship experience with a civil engineering design firm
- Experience with permitting at federal, state, regional, county and local levels
- Proficient at producing construction documents using AutoCAD Civil 3D
To learn more and apply for this position, click here.