LJA Engineering is accepting applications for a Graduate Engineer-Marine Ports in Houston, TX.
LJA is an employee-owned company, and our people carry pride into their projects and their workplaces. We have talented employees across the nation and are always looking for exceptional individuals to join the LJA team. With 50 office locations, LJA is growing and ready for talented people to help us build our future. We offer great benefits and are 100% employee owned.
Summary: LJA seeks to fill a graduate engineer position in their Marine structures group. The successful candidate should have experience with or a desire to learn design of waterfront facilities including docks, mooring and berthing structures, bulkheads, as well as inland concrete or steel structures and foundations.
- Assist the design engineer with structural design tasks, including modeling, analysis, and calculations.
- Assist with coordinating or producing project drawings.
- Perform site visits, assist with inspections and develop technical documents and reports.
- Perform structural analyses and calculations using industry software, such as MathCAD, STAAD, CWALSHT, LPile, etc.
- Interpret and apply codes and standards for structural design, such as ACI, AISC, ASCE, PIANC, OCIMF, NAVFAC, UFC, Sheet Piling Design, etc.
- Meets any and all deadlines as required by project schedule
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering, Master’s Degree in Civil Engineering with Structural or Port emphasis is preferred
- Engineer – in – Training or ability to obtain in 6 months
- Must have TWIC or able to obtain TWIC
- Eligible to work in the US (sponsorship not available)
- Basic experience with drafting software, such as AutoCAD and Microstation
- Basic experience with structural analyses software and structural engineering codes, familiarity with steel and concrete design
- Strong communication skills
- Strong interpersonal communication, organization and writing skills
- Experience with the Microsoft Office suite of products including Microsoft Project.
To learn more and apply for this position, click here.
Learn more about LJA Engineering here.