Grain Facility Laborer in Mound City, Illinois
Performs a wide variety of duties in the grain elevator operations from loading/unloading rail, barge, trucks, grading grain and working at the truck scale. Performs heavy manual labor in most job duties.
Primary Job Duties:
– Assists in loading/unloading barge, rail and trucks
- Performs general clean-up of elevator including sweeping, painting and other general housekeeping duties
- Runs dryer
- Runs appropriate series of test on different grain
- Enters information into a computer
- Weighs trucks in and out of the facility
- Able to make mechanical repairs of equipment
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule
- Able to perform basic math functions
- Able to read and understand measurements
- Ability to work independently as well as a part of a team
- Strong ability to multi-task
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Prior experience in a previous position with proven ability to handle responsibility and dependable work record. Experience in Grain Industry preferred
- Works outside in extreme weather conditions
- Able to work in environment with high dust level
- Able to climb ladders in facility
– Able to lift, push, pull 40 lbs. on a continuous basis
- Able to bend, stoop and crawl
CGB Enterprises, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Founded in 1970, CGB is known as an innovative and progressive leader in the grain and transportation industries. CGB Enterprises Inc. (CGB) is a private US corporation with foreign ownership (Japanese). The Zen-Noh group and the Itochu group are each 50% owners of CGB. The owners consider CGB to be a long term, strategic investment and have jointly owned CGB for 20+ years.
CGB (www.cgb.com) is comprised of a diverse group of businesses involved in: domestic & export grain operations, farmer risk management services, fertilizer wholesale and retail, inter-modal bulk product terminaling, vessel anchorage & stevedore services, barge-rail-truck logistical and transportation services, barge fleeting & shipyard repair services, oilseed processing, and mortgage financial services.