Consolidated Terminals and Logistics Company (CTLC), a division of CGB Enterprises, Inc., is looking for a Grain Facility Operator in Training (Aurora, Elizabethtown and Jeffersonville, IN; Louisville and Uniontown, KY)
This job is primarily responsible for working at a facility that loads and unloads barges, rail cars and trucks. This is a general position that performs a wide variety of duties that are based on the daily needs of the operation.
Actual responsibilities will vary depending on daily needs and type of facility.
- Fully participate in the company Safety Program and attends daily pre-shift meetings.
- Perform all duties within compliance of OSHA, company safety, and environmental regulations (ISO where applicable); including wearing appropriate PPE for task being performed.
- Perform deckhand responsibilities e.g., reading drafts, opening/closing lids, tying off barges, etc.
- Perform all barge loading duties e.g., loading barges to meet draft and quality requirements and oversees deckhand(s). Note: Generally the duty of the most highly qualified person(s).
- Perform duties to transfer, load and move grain to appropriate location, where applicable.
- Perform duties required to maintain grain quality while being stored and/or transferred.
- Perform all rail duties e.g. prep, unloading, loading, placement, etc., where applicable.
- Complete all duties of Scale/Probe Operations position, where applicable.
- Complete documentation timely, accurately and legibly.
- Perform general clean-up including sweeping, shoveling, washing, painting and other general housekeeping responsibilities.
- Dependent on facility and location, may be responsible for any variety of the following; performing preventative maintenance and/or repairs; unloading barges, cleaning barges, movement of product to storage, loading of trucks using heavy equipment, loading of rail, loading of products to required specifications; operating a variety of heavy equipment.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required - High school diploma or equivalent, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Required – None.
Preferred - 1 years’ experience working in an industrial environment with a dependable work record.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Basic mathematical skills (add, subtract, multiply, divide).
- Effective interpersonal, oral and written communication skills with the ability to interact with all levels of people within and outside the organization.
- Ability to complete documentation requirements.
- Ability to follow directions and use logical thought process to interpret oral and written instructions, and troubleshoot problems.
- Ability to work well both independently and within a team environment.
- Ability to use tools appropriate for assigned task.
- Ability to remain focused on exceptional customer service, both internally and externally.
Physical Demands & Requirements
- Ability to lift/push/pull 45 lbs. occasionally.
- Ability to climb, crouch, stoop, bend, and squat, frequently.
- Ability to stand and walk constantly/continuously.
- Ability to balance constantly/continuously.
- Ability to kneel occasionally.
- Ability to safely walk on barge surface(s) with the ability to work around deep water.
- Ability to understand and communicate verbally, in person and over two-way radio.
- Ability to understand and communicate written instructions.
- Ability to work outside in extreme weather conditions.
- Ability to climb stairs and climb ladders to significant heights.
- Ability to perform work in confined spaces.
- Ability to work in an environment with high dust levels.
- Ability to meet requirements of PFT and fit testing, when applicable.
- Ability to meet requirement of and utilize all applicable PPE, when applicable.
- Ability to distinguish, with a degree of accuracy, differences or similarities in intensity or quality odors, or recognizing particular odors, using nose.
- Ability to work extended hours, weekend, holidays and/or alternate shifts as needed.
- Uses near, far and peripheral vision and depth perception for task(s) being performed; may need to be able to identify problems with grain.
The work environment described here are meant to be representative of those an employee would normally encounter while performing the essential functions of this job.
The physical environment requires the employee to work both inside and outside in heat/cold, wet/humid, and dry/arid conditions. Frequently required to use personal protective equipment.
Travel, 5%-20% travel may be required at some facilities. This may include off-site training and/or work at alternate locations.
Even during this COVID-19 pandemic, we are hiring immediately and looking for talented people to join our organization! We are an ESSENTIAL business in the global food supply.
Known in our industry for stability and high ethics, CGB Enterprises, Inc. offers a stellar benefits package including: an outstanding 401(k) retirement plan with company contributions, medical, prescription drug, dental, vision, life, & disability benefits, flexible spending accounts, paid leave (holidays, vacation, sick), wellness programs, recognition programs, community involvement opportunities, and much more!
For more information and to apply for this position click here.