Consolidated Terminals and Logistics Company (CTLC), a division of CGB Enterprises, Inc., is accepting applications for a Grain Handler Technician (Helena, AR; Clayton, IA; Dwight, Hennepin, Naples, and Savannah, IL; Friars Point, MS; Dorena, MO; Enid and Webbers Falls, OK)
This job is primarily responsible for working at a facility that loads and unloads barges and trucks. This is a general position that performs a wide variety of duties that are based on the daily needs of the operation; may include cleaning and repair of barges.
In this job, you will:
Actual responsibilities will vary depending on daily needs and type of facility.
- Fully participate in the company Safety Program and attends daily pre-shift meetings.
- Perform all duties within compliance of OSHA, company safety, and environmental regulations (ISO where applicable); including wearing appropriate PPE for task being performed.
- Perform deckhand responsibilities e.g., reading drafts, opening/closing lids, tying off barges, etc.
- Perform all barge loading duties e.g., loading barges to meet draft and quality requirements and oversees deckhand(s). Note: Generally the duty of the most highly qualified person(s).
- Perform duties to transfer, load and move grain to appropriate location, where applicable.
- Perform duties required to maintain grain quality while being stored and/or transferred.
- Complete documentation timely, accurately and legibly.
- Perform general clean-up including sweeping, shoveling, washing, painting and other general housekeeping responsibilities.
- Perform preventative maintenance and/or repairs, where applicable.
- Dependent on facility and location, may be responsible for any variety of the following; unloading barges, cleaning barges, movement of product to storage, loading of trucks using heavy equipment, loading of rail, loading of products to required specifications; operating, running, monitoring, and shutting down dryer; operating a variety of heavy equipment.
Here’s what you’ll need to be considered:
Required - High school diploma or equivalent, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Required – None.
Preferred - 1 years’ experience working in an industrial environment with a dependable work record.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Basic mathematical skills (add, subtract, multiply, divide).
- Effective interpersonal, oral and written communication skills with the ability to interact with all levels of people within and outside the organization.
- Ability to complete documentation requirements.
- Ability to follow directions and use logical thought process to interpret oral and written instructions, and troubleshoot problems.
- Ability to work well both independently and within a team environment.
- Ability to use tools appropriate for assigned task.
- Ability to remain focused on exceptional customer service, both internally and externally.
Here’s additional information you need to know:
Physical Demands & Requirements
- Ability to lift/push/pull 45 lbs. occasionally.
- Ability to safely walk on barge surface(s) with the ability to work around deep water.
- Ability to understand and communicate verbally, in person and over two-way radio.
- Ability to understand and communicate written instructions.
- Ability to work outside in extreme weather conditions.
- Ability to climb stairs and climb ladders to significant heights.
- Ability to perform work in confined spaces.
- Ability to work in an environment with high dust levels.
- Ability to work extended hours, weekend, holidays and/or alternate shifts as needed.
- Uses near, far and peripheral vision and depth perception for task(s) being performed; may need to be able to identify problems with grain.
- Travel, 5%-20% travel may be required at some facilities. This may include off-site training and/or work at alternate locations.
Even during this COVID-19 pandemic, we are hiring immediately and looking for talented people to join our organization! We are an ESSENTIAL business in the global food supply.
Known in our industry for stability and high ethics, CGB Enterprises, Inc. offers a stellar benefits package including: an outstanding 401(k) retirement plan with company contributions, medical, prescription drug, dental, vision, life, & disability benefits, flexible spending accounts, paid leave (holidays, vacation, sick), wellness programs, recognition programs, community involvement opportunities, and much more!
CTLC possesses one of the largest and most sophisticated networks of assets and manpower in the U.S. It has become one of the major logistics providers and handlers of bulk commodities and products throughout the middle and lower United States. In addition, CTLC now serves the global marketplace, capable of moving customers’ products from anywhere in the world to its final destination in the United States, and vice versa. From trucking to ocean freight, CTLC is an organization capable of providing world-class service with a small company attitude.
For more information and to apply for this position click here.