MFA Incorporated is accepting applications for Grain Merchandiser (Columbia, MO)
In this full-time position, the employee will be responsible for increasing net margins ad volume on assigned grain(s) at MFA owned grain originating facilities. They will also be expected to cross train in other areas of the grain division to assist when needed. All duties should be performed in accordance with company policy.
OUR EXPECTATIONS ARE THAT YOU:
- Are available to work full time hours
- Are available to work overtime (as needed)
- Live in (or within commuting distance of) Columbia, MO
YOU ARE RIGHT FOR THIS ROLE IF YOU:
- Have experience working in agriculture and enjoy being a key player in the industry
- Have a desire to succeed in your career and the ability to represent the company’s culture
- Ability to uphold the company’s mission, vision and values
- Have good time management skills
- Have good oral and written communication skills
- Have good interpersonal skills
- Have strong leadership and management skills
- Have personal characteristics that are conducive to the successful conduct of business and reflect favorably upon MFA as well as the employee
- Can demonstrate timely and accurate decision-making skills
- Can demonstrate self-motivation, initiative, assertiveness and are results-oriented
- Can demonstrate proficiency in Microsoft Office Products
- Can demonstrate skillful in negotiating acceptable grain and transportation transactions, working with other MFA departments.
- Ability to create and maintain professional working relationships
- Ability to communicate market information to MFA personnel effectively
- Ability to quickly review and analyze numerous sources of market information in order to arrive at a specific strategy for the grain assigned
- Ability to remain calm and be able to work in a fast-paces atmosphere
- Knowledge of market (basis) patterns and the causes behind their movements within the MFA trade area
- Knowledge of basis mechanics; trucks, rail, and barge freight; and how market factors impact values.
HIGHLY QUALIFIED CANDIDATES WILL BRING:
- BS Degree or equivalent work experience
- Minimum of 3-5 years of grain experience
MFA Incorporated is a Midwest-based regional farm supply and marketing cooperative serving more than 45,000 farmer/owners in Missouri and adjacent states.
The cooperative's 145 MFA Agri Services Centers combined with 24 locally owned MFA affiliates and approximately 400 independent dealers deliver products and services to help farmers succeed. MFA also offers timely wholesale products to agricultural companies.
MFA helps you navigate the road ahead. Just as routes criss-cross MFA's territory, there isn't just one route to meet the farm's goals. MFA finds innovative solutions to improve productivity and profitability for customers, no matter what size or type of farm they operate.
For more information and to apply for this position click here.