Consolidated Terminals and Logistics Company (CTLC), a division of CGB Enterprises, Inc., is accepting applications for a Grain Merchant (Jeffersonville, IN)
This job is primarily responsible for originating grain purchases from growers while promoting company products and services. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, determining customer requirements, executing contracts and agreements, and resolving customer related issues.
In this job, you will:
- Originate grain purchases from growers; work with origination staff to maximize commercial and producer origination thru team communication and execution.
- Conduct annual farm/business visits for all major accounts.
- Add new business accounts to manage/service.
- Document new accounts and track success.
- Work with manager and others to analyze three year handle information on all producer/commercial accounts assigned to evaluate customer market share and growth/retention.
- Identify accounts that are underperforming and develop a marketing strategy to correct.
- Execute and manage contract including signing and execution of terms, conditions and delivery.
- Review facility and region profit and loss statements; discuss findings and ideas/issues with Facility Manager and Commercial Manager.
- Receive in-bound calls and assist the other buying groups in servicing the facility’s customer base.
- Gather, review, and contribute commodity market analysis and information in support of location/ regional position.
- Input customer information into the CRM product.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required - Bachelor's degree or equivalent education and experience.
Preferred - Master's degree in Agricultural business.
Required - 3 years' experience in trading, logistics, or related field.
Preferred - Prior contract negotiation and grain industry experience.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Diverse knowledge of how the company generates revenue and creates profitability and an advanced understanding of the intricacies of our customers’ businesses and functionality of their operations.
- Knowledge of grain merchandising, facility cost structures, mix and blend analysis, carry, interest, freight, FOB and CIF marketing/sales, as well as a basic knowledge of facility operations.
- Working knowledge or ability to learn contract negotiations and grain industry.
- Basic computer skills, including working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Effective interpersonal, oral and written communication skills with the ability to interact with all levels of people within and outside the organization.
- Strong decision making, negotiation, and conflict management skills.
- Contract and customer management skills; including ability to relay accurate information concerning contract balances and settlements.
- Strong time management and prioritization skills, with ability to remain flexible to changing priorities.
- Ability to take direction and willingness to assist where needed and take on new tasks.
- Ability to read/analyze domestic and global industry information.
- Ability to work effectively both autonomously and in a team environment.
Here’s additional information you need to know:
- This is a full-time position reporting out of our office in Pioneer, La.
- Travel, up to 10% travel to assigned producers in assigned area(s).
Even during this COVID-19 pandemic, we are hiring immediately and looking for talented people to join our organization! We are an ESSENTIAL business in the global food supply.
Known in our industry for stability and high ethics, CGB Enterprises, Inc. offers a stellar benefits package including: an outstanding 401(k) retirement plan with company contributions, medical, prescription drug, dental, vision, life, & disability benefits, flexible spending accounts, paid leave (holidays, vacation, sick), wellness programs, recognition programs, community involvement opportunities, and much more!
CTLC possesses one of the largest and most sophisticated networks of assets and manpower in the U.S. It has become one of the major logistics providers and handlers of bulk commodities and products throughout the middle and lower United States. In addition, CTLC now serves the global marketplace, capable of moving customers’ products from anywhere in the world to its final destination in the United States, and vice versa. From trucking to ocean freight, CTLC is an organization capable of providing world-class service with a small company attitude.
For more information and to apply for this position click here.