Garver is accepting applications for a Graphic Designer - Marketing (Kansas City, MO; Tulsa, OK; Georgetown, TX)
Do you have a competitive side and are looking to work in a creative and detail-oriented environment? Garver’s in-house Marketing Team is expanding and looking for a Graphic Designer to gain hands-on marketing, and graphic design experience. This role will support our transportation project pursuits by visually translating ideas and text into appealing design solutions. Success in this role can lead to further independent responsibilities. This position will be located in our Kansas City, Missouri, Tulsa, Oklahoma or Georgetown, Texas office.
The ideal candidate will have a strong sense of teamwork, the ability to work independently on assignments, handle multiple projects at one time while remaining flexible, and working within tight deadlines.
Responsibilities in this role will vary greatly, giving you the chance to be creative in delivering messages and imagery in tasks such as:
- Offering creative ideas, process improvements, and technological solutions to expand our team’s abilities
- Creating graphics for print collateral such as proposals, reports, and brochures
- Building vector Illustrations, such as infographics
- Developing, conceptualizing, and collaboratively working with the proposal team to create visually appealing marketing material
- Photo-editing and rendering
- Coordinating production of materials
- Assisting the team in developing dynamic client presentations to win the job!
We request candidates submit a cover letter responding to the following questions to highlight your interest in applying your qualifications to this position.
- Tell us about your previous experience and how it is applicable to this graphic designer position?
- What is the most unique skill that you will bring to the graphic designer position?
What is unique about this position
- A/E/C marketing experience is not required. We are looking for an enthusiastic, self-starter, hard-working candidate to fill this position.
- Unlike a marketing agency, we work with our internal customers (our Project and Client Service Managers) day-in and day-out. Therefore, each new assignment is an opportunity to build on previous experiences and hone your craft.
- Bachelor’s degree (Graphic Design, Visual Arts, or a related field)
- Proficient user of Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, and Spark)
- Working knowledge of Microsoft PowerPoint
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks and problem solve
- Ability to work as a member of a team in a collaborative environment
- Comfortable working and speaking with employees in different departments across the organization
- 4-8 years of related experience
- An outstanding portfolio for review
- 3D graphic design/photo-match rendering experience a plus
Candidates must be prepared to send in a digital portfolio upon request.
Grow With Us
Garver offers its employees programs such as company-paid professional memberships, company support for industry licenses and continuing education opportunities that foster a progressive atmosphere. Garver provides the tools, resources, and environment to develop leaders, stimulate ideas, and accomplish projects. By offering highly competitive salary packages, attractive benefits, a comprehensive wellness program and Corporate Wellness Coordinator Garver walks the talk when it comes to work-life balance.
Founded in 1919, Garver is an employee-owned multi-disciplined engineering, planning, architectural, and environmental services firm with nearly 800 employees across the United States. Offering a wide range of services focused on aviation, construction, facilities design, federal, survey, transportation, and water, Garver sits in the top 125 of the Engineering News-Record's prestigious Top 500 Design Firms list and is consistently recognized as a best firm to work for. Learn more at GarverUSA.com.
Garver is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees. Our employment practices are based upon an individual's capabilities and qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other category protected by law.
For more information and to apply click here.