The master of a Tender Tugboat has the overriding responsibility for the safe operations of the vessel and crew. He is by the company given all necessary support and authority to perform his duties properly and in a safe manner. Serves as Master of a self-propelled, seagoing, tugboat.
***WESTERN RIVER INLAND WATERS ENDORESEMENT IS REQUIRED***
Directs and is responsible for the proper maintenance, operation, administration, navigation and safety of the vessel. When the
vessel is moving at sea from one dredging location to another, is responsible for proper
navigation and piloting of the vessel. Plans, supervises, and directs all operations,
maintenance, navigation and safety of the vessel and crew in all departments. Issues
instructions as directed by project manager to subordinate crew regarding the dredging
operations. Trains subordinate deck officers in current and potential aspects of their
positions. Maintains proper morale and discipline of the entire crew.
- Must possess U.S. Coast Guard license, or flag state equivalent, for the specific vessel, as Master of seagoing vessels.
- At least 1 year in the capacity of Master
- Required knowledge of specified channels
- Required ability to read and understand tide, current, and weather conditions effects on the navigation and maneuvering of vessels
- Required ability to operate vessel in currents while managing pipeline movements: connections, disassembly, and tows.
- Required Ability to manage dredge operations: shift anchors, move dredge, move crane barge, move anchor barges.
- Required knowledge of the use rigging and making and breaking tows
- Required ability to dock and undock vessels properly and safely
- Required ability to read and maintain charts and navigational aids
- TWIC Required
Great Lakes Dredge & Dock Corporation is the largest provider of dredging, land reclamation and beach nourishment services in the United States, and the only U.S. dredging company with significant international operations. With the largest and most diverse dredging fleet in the US, Great Lakes serves a wide range of customers including the US Army Corps of Engineers; state, local and foreign governments; and private companies both international and domestic. Headquartered in Houston, Texas, GLDD has more than 200 pieces of dredging plant located strategically throughout North America and in various locations throughout the world.
Great Lakes Dredge & Dock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of and will not be discriminated against on the basis of gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, age, veteran status, disability status, genetic information or any other protected category.
For more information and to apply click here.