Ingram Barge is looking for a Gulf Fleet Deckhand (Reserve, LA)
This position is located in the Port Allen, LA and Reserve, LA locations. This position will be fleet work, which requires you to work a schedule of 10/5 or 14/7, with the benefit of going home every night.
THIS IS NOT A LIVE ABOARD POSITION – YOU MUST HAVE RELIABLE TRANSPORTATION TO AND FROM WORK DAILY & LIVE WITHIN 45 MINUTES OF EITHER PORT ALLEN OR RESERVE.
What you’ll be doing:
- Assist deck crew in tow building (laying wires, tighten ratchets, sweep and shovel barges)
- Daily vessel housekeeping (sweeping, mopping and cleaning crew living quarters)
- Assist with locking
- Carry rigging (ratchets, wires and straps) pumps, hoses and lines
- Work outdoors for extended periods of time in weather conditions such as heat/cold & rain/snow
- Check barges for water and leaks – which at times requires climbing into
- confined spaces
- Upkeep of vessel appearance includes sooging (washing), chipping and
- Assist the Engineer as requested
- Practice safe crew, vessel and tow operation using Ingram safety systems
- Participate in safety drills and audits
- Perform other related duties as assigned or requested
What we’re looking for:
- Demonstration of the Ingram Way
- Ability to uphold Ingram’s high safety standards
- Ability to work away from home for extended periods (14, 21 or 28 day hitches)
Ingram operates 5,000 barges with a fleet of over 80 linehaul vessels and approximately 150 tug/tow boats. The company operates on the Mississippi River, Ohio River, Cumberland River, Tennessee River, Gulf Intracoastal Waterway, Kanawha River, Illinois River, and the Monongahela River.
Ingram's fleet is maintained at the highest level of standards and equipment with state-of-the-art navigation & communication technology.
For more information and to apply for this position click here.