Ingram Barge is looking for a Gulf Pilot (Port Allen, LA)
Navigate your way to a new and exciting career! Ingram Barge Company is looking for Gulf Pilots for our towboats in our Port Allen & Reserve Fleets.
This opportunity requires more than safely steering and operating our vessels. We're looking for strong, experienced leaders who drive a high-performance culture.
- Assure safe crew, vessel and tow operations through use of Ingram’s’ safety systems and policies.
- Supervise the Mate and Deckhands in consultation with the Captain and shore-based leadership.
- Assure safe and efficient vessel navigation through compliance with the “rules of the road”, practicing good seamanship and boat handling skills.
- Comply with and ensure crew compliance with USCG and environmental laws and regulations.
- Demonstrate felt leadership and promote harmony among the crew.
- Delegate vessel responsibilities, duties, and tasks considering crew members experience and abilities.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Have a High School Diploma, GED or equivalent.
- Have a valid driver’s license.
- Have a USCG Master of Towing
- Have a valid FCC Radio License
- Have a Radar endorsement or Radar Certification
- Be CPR & 1st Aid Certified
- Have a valid Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC)
- Have proficient computer skills to include E-mail, internet browsers, and navigational
- Western Rivers License
- Inland Rivers License
Ingram operates 5,000 barges with a fleet of over 80 linehaul vessels and approximately 150 tug/tow boats. The company operates on the Mississippi River, Ohio River, Cumberland River, Tennessee River, Gulf Intracoastal Waterway, Kanawha River, Illinois River, and the Monongahela River.
Ingram's fleet is maintained at the highest level of standards and equipment with state-of-the-art navigation & communication technology.
For more information and to apply for this position click here.