Gulf Pilot (Port Allen, LA)
Navigate your way to a new and exciting career! Ingram Barge Company is looking for Gulf Pilots for our towboats in our Port Allen & Reserve Fleets. This opportunity requires more than safely steering and operating our vessels. We're looking for strong, experienced leaders who drive a high-performance culture. Ingram transports dry and liquid commodities on over 4,500 miles of America’s inland waterways.
- Assure safe crew, vessel and tow operations through use of Ingram’s’ safety systems and policies.
- Supervise the Mate and Deckhands in consultation with the Captain and shore-based leadership.
- Assure safe and efficient vessel navigation through compliance with the “rules of the road”, practicing good seamanship and boat handling skills.
- Comply with and ensure crew compliance with USCG and environmental laws and regulations.
- Demonstrate felt leadership and promote harmony among the crew.
- Delegate vessel responsibilities, duties, and tasks considering crew members experience and abilities.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Have a High School Diploma, GED or equivalent.
- Have a valid driver’s license.
- Have a USCG Master of Towing
- Have a valid FCC Radio License
- Have a Radar endorsement or Radar Certification
- Be CPR & 1stAid Certified
- Have a valid Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC)
- Have proficient computer skills to include E-mail, internet browsers, and navigational systems
- Western Rivers License
- Inland Rivers License
- 4-5 years of experience
To learn more and apply for this position: