Campbell Transportation Company, Inc. is accepting applications for a Harbor Captain to live aboard their vessel in Georgetown PA. Campbell Transportation Company, Inc. is currently seeking experienced Captains and Pilots for several LIVE-ON vessels located in the Pittsburgh, PA area. Schedule TBD.
Pilots and Captains are responsible for the safety of vessel employees, the vessel, the cargo, and the environment.
- Ensure that work completed during watch is done in accordance with Company safety policies.
- Navigate the vessel safely.
- Ensure that all crew members on vessel receive instructions on how to do jobs properly.
- Carry out all duties assigned under the Vessel Security Plan.
- Ensure that each crew member knows the cargo of each barge in tow and has an understanding of any associated hazards.
- Complete required log entries and Towing Safety Management System paperwork.
- Maintain radio watch as required.
- Maintain the vessel budget and help maximize cost efficiency as directed.
- Provide instructions and information to crew members, CTC land-based personnel, USCG, or other necessary personnel.
- Must meet USCG physical requirements.
- Must be able to work a 6-hour on 6 hours off watch or a 12-hour shift, depending on vessel needs
- Must be able to climb steep stairs, sit or stand for long periods of time and work in all weather conditions.
- Master of Towing Vessels upon Western Rivers (or equivalent) license required.
- Maintain a valid TWIC, Radar endorsement, and FCC Radio Operator’s Permit
To learn more and apply, click here.
Learn more about Campbell Transportation Company, Inc. here.