Harbor Deckhands at Ozinga, work directly for the Terminal Manager and will perform duties on-board the fleet boats, barges, terminals and trans load with safety being the number one priority.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in the cleaning and washing of barges at the Henry, Illinois, Terminal.
- Work as a deckhand on the fleet boat.
- Assist in the unloading operation.
- Assist in the loading, cleaning and maintenance operation at the trans load.
- Perform all duties in a safe and efficient manner.
- Knowledge of marine terminology and the ability to communicate with the pilot of the boat on VHF radio.
- Ability to tie off barges in a safe and proper manner.
- Knowledge of safe loading and unloading procedures for barges.
- Ability to use the remote control to control the movement of the trans load conveyor to safely and properly load barges.
- Ability to use trash pumps to pump water from void tanks and hoppers of barges as needed.
- Ability to run a bobcat to help unload aggregate and cement barges.
- Knowledge and ability to “fire up” and shut down the trans load system.
- Knowledge of barge cleaning operations, including the ability to run a bobcat and wash pumps.
- Be crossed trained in all port operations.
- Ability to perform other maintenance/labor duties as assigned.
To apply now to the Harbor Deckhand position with Ozinga, please click here.