SCF Lewis and Clark Terminals, LLC is hiring full-time Harbor Fleeting Deckhands/Mates. These positions are open to applicants who do not have a college diploma and military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply. SCF Lewis and Clark Fleeting LLC provides harbor fleeting and switching services along the U.S. Inland Waterways. Employees will assist in dock switches and towing operations throughout the Granite City, St. Louis, Herculaneum and Festus Port Areas.
SCF Lewis and Clark Fleeting LLC offers competitive wages along with an excellent benefits package.
- Healthcare 80/20 policy
- Company paid Life Insurance
- Supplemental Life Insurance
- Company paid Short- & Long-Term Disability
- Supplemental Long-Term Disability
- Employee Assistance Program
- 401k with a 2-year 100% vesting period
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Assist others on the vessel in preparing barges for the loading and discharging of products throughout the Granite City, St. Louis, Herculaneum and Festus Port Areas
- Preforming the various tasks necessary to maintaining, making up and breaking a tow, such as making a coupling, operating winches and ratchets, handling wires, handling and throwing lines and splicing lines
- Perform a variety of tasks which include but not limited to standard housekeeping duties, painting, chipping, transferring rigging, vessel and barge maintenance, midstream fuel transfers, assisting in making bridges and locks, etc.
- Duties are performed in all types of weather, day and night, while the vessel is underway
- Be able to work a 12-hour shift both days and nights
- Dropping, spotting and switching barges at docks
- Report any relevant vessel condition information, especially any hazardous or unsafe condition of the boat, tow, and any associated equipment not to the Mate or Captain and take action to prevent injuries or accidents
- Must be able to lift or move objects that are heavy and awkward and handle rigging (up to 75 lbs-100lbs).
- Must become familiar with SCF Lewis & Clark Fleeting LLC’s policies, procedures, safety rules and regulations, and must always abide by them as well as applicable laws, regulations, and other legal requirements
- From time to time, perform other tasks that may be assigned by the Captain
- Perform all duties in a safe and environmentally compliant manner
Work authorization: United States (Required)
- Must have or be able to obtain a TWIC
- Must be able to work various hours/holidays/weekends
- Must meet “fit for duty” requirements upon job offer (pre-employment physical and drug test)
- High school diploma or equivalent
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $150.00 to $228.00 /day
Harbor Fleeting Deckhand & Mate Positions $150.00 - $228.00 a Day Plus Incentive.
- High school or equivalent (Required)