J.F. Brennan Company is accepting applications for a Harbor Operations Manager in Finley, TN.
Are you a motivated individual who has a passion for leading a team?
We are searching for a Harbor Operations Manager who will be responsible for Brennan Marine’s Harbor Fleeting Services.
- Provide oversight, direction, management, and guidance to vessel crews for safe and efficient switching and fleeting operations.
- Responsible for the good condition and efficient working condition of Brennan vessels contacting and assisting BMI Chief engineer on all vessel mechanical concerns.
- Ensure all crews are adequately trained and strictly adhere to the BMI Harbor Operating Procedures (HOP) and Employee Handbook.
- Develop and manage site specific safety procedures for the HOP and site-specific Activity Hazard Analysis (AHA).
- Ensure that all local, state, and federal regulations are being followed by all BMI employees onsite.
- Ensure Brennan employees know and follow customer site safety requirements by leading and participating in Safety Meetings and Safety Drills.
- Manage vendors and accounts payables, including approval of all invoice payments for the harbor.
- Participate in RCP and ISO Audits
- Daily meetings with customer site Management to discuss loading plans and any assistance they might need at the docks.
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum of five years of experience in harbor services and related environment
- Licensed Master of Towing Vessels Western Rivers is preferred.
- Knowledgeable in safety and regulatory requirements of Coast Guard, OSHA, MSHA, USCG, AWO RCP and Subchapter M
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, on computers and other electronic devices
- Strong interpersonal skills; must be a self-starter, highly organized, and creative
- Superior time management and organizational capabilities, including the ability to accurately benchmark project length, deliver on deadlines
Who is Brennan?
J.F. Brennan Company, Inc. (Brennan) is a 100-year-old, family-owned company that specializes in water-based environmental remediation and marine construction headquartered in La Crosse, WI that offers our employees growth, challenging work, empowerment, and meaningful work.
Brennan is known for tackling complex maritime projects, providing unique solutions through teamwork and collaboration, and maintaining a family-orientated culture.
Why choose us?
- We are a company voted by our employees as a certified Great Place to Work®, for the sixth year in a row and recognized by Fortune magazine as a Best Workplacein Construction.
- Our culture sets us apart. We strive to make our company the best possible place to work. We work hard to continue to build a culture in which every individual is important and the key to our success.
- Our focus on safety and quality is unmatched in the industry, and our ability to innovate has enabled us to succeed.
- We are a family-focused company and are determined to provide a rewarding career that offers above-average compensation.
- We offer an industry-leading benefits package. We are proud to offer our employees and their families group health, dental and vision insurance plans, 401(K) program with generous matching, annual bonus eligibility and profit-sharing program.
- We also provide a Work-Life Balance Program, which provides a balanced schedule and additional premium while in the field.
Brennan Marine, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
To learn more and apply for this position click here.
Learn more about J.F. Brennan here.