Arcosa Marine Products, Components Division, Bossier City, LA is looking for an Environmental Health and Safety Coordinator. This position manages safety and risk associated with business and company operations. Ensure compliance with all applicable federal, state, county and local safety related regulations. In a proactive manner, plans, directs and implements the company’s safety programs to ensure a safe, healthy, and injury/accident-free work environment.
- In partnership with plant management; plan, lead and participate in plant safety meetings.
- Review and update monthly plant-specific safety metrics.
- Develop and ensure safe equipment operating techniques. Partner with the Maintenance Team to ensure all machines and equipment are in good condition.
- Lead safety on-boarding meetings with all employees and sub-contractors. Review all applicable documentation for completeness to ensure all employees and sub-contractors can adequately execute their scope of work safely.
- Serve as principal source of information on safety issues to hold supervisors and sub-contractor representatives accountable to safety policies, procedures, and programs. Maintain compliance with all Arcosa and Government regulations.
- Provide and ensure compliance with information, signs, posters, barriers, and other materials to warn of potential and actual safety hazards and to prevent access to hazardous conditions.
- Manage Workers’ Compensation claims, incident investigations, reporting and employee return to work process. Determine the root causes, hazards, and implement solutions.
- Ensures the implementation, administration, and maintenance of all facility specific EHS programs
- Initiates, documents, and monitors corrective actions for adherence to safety systems.
- Manages all EHS continuous improvements initiatives relating to OSHA, EPA, and best management practices
- Keeps the facility management team informed of safety concerns and Leading EHS metrics.
- Leads EHS specific initiatives as it pertains to ESG.
- Provide meaningful resources for the Safety Committee at the facility
- Inspect facility to detect existing potential accident and health hazards.
- Determine corrective or preventative measures, assign responsibility, and follow up to ensure the corrective measures have been implemented.
- Conduct periodic plant safety inspections to ensure safety procedures are in place.
- Update and maintain the Site-Specific Disaster Plan. Periodically train employees in proper procedures and conduct periodic emergency evacuation drills to ensure planning is effective in practice. Employees should know the placement of all fire extinguishers and first aid kits.
- Assist with the establishment of additional PPE requirements based on the job-specific requirements
- Maintain safety training records.
- Preferred Bachelor’s degree in a safety science, or applicable Associates Degree. safety management, environmental science, occupational health, engineering, or other industrial/medical work experience.
- Certifications preferred: Certified Safety Professional (CSP); Associates Safety Professional (ASP); Graduate Safety Professional (GSP), Registered Nurse (RN), Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN)
- Knowledge of;
- Occupational Safety & Health Administration (OSHA)
- American National Standards Institute (ANSI)
- National Fire Protection Association (NFPA)
- Environmental Protection Agency (EPA)
- Workers Compensation regulations
- At least 1-3 years of operational / manufacturing / plant safety / medical experience preferred.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to develop and maintain effective internal and external business relationships.
- Ability to deal with situations involving sensitive and confidential company information.
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and the ability to prioritize and complete multiple projects in a timely manner.
- A Self-Driven, ability to make decisions and operate independently with respect to complex issues and business requirements as well as function effectively in a team environment.
- Utilize good judgement and sound reasoning.
- Exercise creative, innovative and effective problem solving.
- Work environment includes plant, warehouse, production and non-production areas.
- This position may require work/maintenance coverage beyond the normal hours, shift, and on weekends/holidays
- Ability to tolerate both high and low temperatures, loud noises typical of a manufacturing plant
- Be aware of and observe all safety practices. Including but not limited to- Safety glasses, safety boots, hearing protection, etc… as required
- Know and follow all safety rules and procedures.
- Participate in safety committees and initiatives as assigned.
As an important member of the team, you will be responsible for:
- Activating the potential of our people
- Optimizing operations
- Integrating sustainability into our daily practices as well as our long-term strategy and promote a results-driven culture that is aligned with long term strategic goals.
Safety Sensitive: Yes
- Health & Pharmacy
- Dental & Vision
- Critical Illness
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Company Paid Life & AD&D Insurance
- Voluntary Life & AD&D Insurance
- 401(k) W/Company Match
- Short-Term/ Long-Term Disability
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
To learn more and apply for this position, click here.
Learn more about Arcosa here.