Palmer Johnson Power Systems
Heavy-Duty Diesel Mechanic
Sun Prairie, Wisconsin
Palmer Johnson Power Systems has a great opportunity for a Heavy Equipment Service Technician. The Service Technician is responsible for working on tear down, inspection and troubleshooting of heavy equipment. Experience in hydraulic and electrical circuit troubleshooting with a focus on Construction Equipment is preferred.
The Service Technician is responsible for building and maintaining relationships with service and re-manufacturing customers and vendors. This is accomplished by identifying and providing solutions to equipment malfunctions and failures through the inspection, diagnosis, repair, reconditioning and preparation of equipment (unit) in a satisfactory and timely fashion, both in-house and in the field.
How do you know if you are the right fit for this job…if you can answer the following questions “yes!” then we want you to apply!
- Do you have experience working with heavy equipment?
- Do you have a technical degree in diesel or automotive (preferred but not required)?
- Are you skilled in troubleshooting, failure analysis, and basic hydraulic principles?
- Are you able to work independently with minimal or no guidance and have a great work ethic?
- Are you able to read assembly manuals, drawings, and schematics?
- Do you have a valid driver's license?
- Have you worked in field service and/or are you willing to work into a field service position?
- Are you in good physical condition (the ability to lift 50 lbs. and stand for 8 consecutive hours)?
- Do you have the ability to communicate well with customers and have a strong sense of urgency?
- Do you have general computer skills and the ability to learn internal software applications?
Service Technicians work a Monday through Friday daytime shift both in-shop and field service with overnight stays possible. They provide ongoing OEM factory training on specific products and lines and technicians are encouraged to attend other training programs that will improve their job skills. Palmer Johnson prides themselves on a fun, flexible, and un-corporate culture and care about their employees' personal well-being, health, and safety.
How to apply:
If you like what you see here, please apply to their website at www.pjpower.com/careers. A real human will review your information and get back to you if they think you’re a great fit. This position requires a background, drug, and physical performance screening.
Palmer Johnson Power Systems is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to hiring a diverse workforce representing the many personalities and the cultures in our world. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
For more information visit www.pjpower.com