Alta Equipment Company is accepting applications for a
Heavy Equipment Field Diesel Technician/Mechanic (Wallingford, CT; Jacksonville, FL; Bloomington and South Elgin, IL; Gary, IN; Middleboro, Plainview, and Wilmington, MA; Lewiston, ME; Byron Center, Detroit, Kalamazoo, and Niles, MI; Concord, NH; Batavia, Hudson Valley, Latham and Syracuse, NY; Columbus, OH)
Come work for one of the largest equipment dealerships in North America! Are you a hardworking individual that thrives in a fast-paced environment and looking to take your career to the next level? If so, then come join our award winning team!
We provide our employees with the following tools and resources to be successful:
- Outstanding benefits package (Medical, Dental and Vision, plus much more!)
- 401(k) with match
- Competitive wages
- Company laptop
- Company cell phone
- 10 paid holidays
- Work schedule: M-F, day shift
Our construction equipment group is seeking full-time heavy equipment field service diesel technician / mechanics. The primary responsibilities of the position consist of, but are not limited to:
- Complete inspections
- Removal and installation of parts
- Implementation of optional accessories
- Basic diagnosis and troubleshooting
- General repairs
- Upkeep of the service truck
- Responsible for the inventory of onboard parts
- Incorporate Alta's Guiding Principles into daily activities
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Consistent, regular, and reliable attendance including being ready for work at the designated start time
We encourage our Technicians to participate in our in-house training program, allowing them to acquire additional skills in diagnosis and troubleshooting and further advance their career as a technician. Also, company uniforms are provided!
- Three years of previous heavy equipment or over the road (OTR) repair experience is required
- Excellent mechanical aptitude with a solid understanding of the following systems: engine, power train, hydraulics and electrical
- Possess own tools
- A positive attitude and high energy
- Must have a clean driving record
- Computer programs - Microsoft Outlook, Volvo VCADS
- Language Skills - Intermediate: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization.
- Mathematical Skills - Basic: Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's and 100's. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance.
- Reasoning Ability - Intermediate: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
- Physical/Sensory Functions: Regularly will stand, walk, use hands, reach with hands; Frequently will talk/hear, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; Occasionally will sit.
- Lift and/or Move Functions: Regularly will lift up to 25 pounds; Frequently will lift 26 to 50 pounds; Occasionally will lift from 51 to 100 plus pounds.
- Work Environment: Regularly will work near moving mechanical parts; Frequently will be exposed to fumes or airborne particles, outdoor weather conditions; Occasionally will work in wet or humid conditions (non-weather), risk of electrical shock, vibration.
Culture is Job #1. Alta Equipment Company prides itself in the 3 P’s of business: People, Process and Product. By investing in the best people and creating a “one team” approach, Alta Equipment Company earns customers for life.
If you have a passion for excellence and are ready to make a difference within our organization, we’re ready for you. Whether it’s selling the world’s-best big iron, rolling up your sleeves and servicing our industry-leading construction and material handling product brands or being a difference maker behind the scenes, we can use your skillset.
At Alta Equipment Company, we believe in mutual respect and are committed to diversity while inspiring our employees to reach their maximum potential. Voted a “Top Work Place USA”, our 2100+ employees across the country are committed to excellence. It’s the Alta way.
So, let’s start the conversation. Click the link to apply and begin the journey of a lifetime.
Please click here to learn more and apply for this position.