Come work for one of the largest equipment dealers in North America! Are you a Technician/Mechanic with diesel, agricultural, or heavy equipment repair experience? If so, then we want you on our team!
Technicians are at the backbone of our organization; therefore, we provide them with the tools and resources to be successful:
- Company truck (parked at home each day)
- Company fuel card
- Company paid cell phone
- Manufacturer technical training programs
- Tool insurance
- Paid time off
- 10 paid holidays
- Outstanding benefits package (administred through local 649)
- Top wages
- Company uniforms provided
Our construction equipment group is seeking a full-time heavy equipment field service diesel technician / mechanic to service our Bloomington, IL branch. This is a union position and will be part of Operating Engineers Local 649. The primary responsibilities of the position consist of, but are not limited to:
- Complete inspections
- Removal and installation of parts
- Implementation of optional accessories
- Basic diagnosis and troubleshooting
- General repairs
- Upkeep of the service truck
- Responsible for the inventory of onboard parts
- Incorporate Alta's Guiding Principles into daily activities
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Consistent, regular, and reliable attendance including being ready for work at the designated start time
We encourage our Technicians to participate in our in-house training program, allowing them to acquire additional skills in diagnosis and troubleshooting and further advance their career as a technician. Also, company uniforms are provided!
- Three years of previous heavy equipment repair experience is required
- Excellent mechanical aptitude with a solid understanding of the following systems: engine, power train, hydraulics and electrical
- Possess own tools
- A positive attitude and high energy
- Must have a clean driving record
- Computer programs - Microsoft Outlook, Volvo VCADS
- Language Skills - Intermediate: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization.
- Mathematical Skills - Basic: Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's and 100's. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance.
- Reasoning Ability - Intermediate: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Physical/Sensory Functions: Regularly will stand, walk, use hands, reach with hands; Frequently will talk/hear, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; Occasionally will sit.
- Lift and/or Move Functions: Regularly will lift up to 25 pounds; Frequently will lift 26 to 50 pounds; Occasionally will lift from 51 to 100 plus pounds.
- Work Environment: Regularly will work near moving mechanical parts; Frequently will be exposed to fumes or airborne particles, outdoor weather conditions; Occasionally will work in wet or humid conditions (non-weather), risk of electrical shock, vibration.
Culture is Job #1. Alta Equipment Company prides itself in the 3 P’s of business: People, Process and Product. By investing in the best people and creating a “one team” approach, Alta Equipment Company earns customers for life.
If you have a passion for excellence and are ready to make a difference within our organization, we’re ready for you. Whether it’s selling the world’s-best big iron, rolling up your sleeves and servicing our industry-leading construction and material handling product brands or being a difference maker behind the scenes, we can use your skillset.
At Alta Equipment Company, we believe in mutual respect and are committed to diversity while inspiring our employees to reach their maximum potential. Voted a “Top Work Place USA”, our employees across North America are committed to excellence. It’s the Alta way.
So, let’s start the conversation. Click the link to apply and begin the journey of a lifetime.
What We Look For:
At Alta Equipment Company, we are looking for candidates who are a cultural fit with our organization and understand that every task and job goes toward fostering customers for life. Along with that, a great attitude that embraces mutual respect and delivering a consistent high energy level that exudes a passion for excellence. Also, we are searching for a skill set that has a high aptitude for the position with a continual focus on investing in one’s profession through additional training and learning
Other Opportunities at Alta
Alta Equipment Group is an equal opportunity employer. This means we do not discriminate on account of age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, height, weight, marital status, familial status, disability, genetic information, military status, veteran status, misdemeanor arrest record, or membership in any other classification protected under applicable law. If you believe the Company has violated its equal employment opportunity policy in any way, please contact email@example.com immediately.
Connect With Us!