Thank you for your interest in joining our team!
Cooper Consolidated is a balanced, asset-based provider of midstream stevedoring, barge, marine, and logistics services. With operations based along the lower Mississippi River between Southwest Pass and Baton Rouge, we provide cargo handling and movements throughout the U.S. inland waterway system. Our expert team ensures your important cargo is safely transported from origin to destination while making the experience as easy and worry-free as possible.
At Cooper Consolidated, our goal is to be the leader in the cargo handling industry. The key to this rests squarely with our people, and the backbone of how our people operate is our unique culture. The CC Way - 28 principles of our high-performing culture - describes the values, behaviors, and practices that are the foundation of this culture. It's what makes us a leader in our industry.
This job is primarily responsible for the maintenance, inspection and repair of vehicles and heavy equipment. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, inspecting, maintaining, troubleshooting, and repairing the equipment at various locations and may involve working with outside parties on such responsibilities (e.g. auto shops, parts suppliers, tool rental suppliers, etc.).
In this job, you will:
Actual responsibilities will vary depending on daily needs and type of facility as well as experience level in role.
- Fully participate in the company Safety Program and attend daily pre-shift meetings.
- Perform all duties within compliance of OSHA, DOT, company safety, and environmental regulations; including wearing appropriate PPE for task being performed.
- Perform preventative maintenance on equipment; identify and replace worn and damaged parts.
- Examine equipment to troubleshoot, diagnose, and repair adhering to inspection procedure checklist.
- Perform diagnostic tests and analyze test results in order to correctly repair or replace components as needed.
- Replace and/or repair engines, steering mechanisms, transmissions, and braking systems.
- Check lighting system.
- Review work orders and repairs done by third parties to insure quality of repairs performed.
- Maintain and manage parts inventory.
- Maintain detailed record of serviced equipment.
- Maintain work area(s) and tools for cleanliness and proper operation.
- May work with manager to maintain and manage parts inventory.
- Other duties as assigned.
Here’s what you’ll need to be considered:
Required - High school diploma or equivalent, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Required – 3 years’ experience as a technician/mechanic; including experience with troubleshooting, maintaining and repair of trucks and heavy equipment in an industrial setting.
Required – Valid DL
Additional Job Requirements
Required – Must possess basic mechanic tools to successfully perform job responsibilities (maintenance and repair of vehicles and heavy equipment).
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Advanced knowledge and understanding of the operation, diagnostics, maintenance, and repair of various vehicles.
- Knowledge and understanding of facility dust emissions policy.
- Basic mathematical skills (add, subtract, multiply, divide).
- Basic computer skills with the ability to utilize laptop computers and portable diagnostic tools.
- Effective interpersonal, oral and written communication skills with the ability to interact with all levels of people within and outside the organization.
- Good trouble shooting skills.
- Ability to complete documentation requirements.
- Ability to follow directions and use logical through process to interpret oral and written instructions, and troubleshoot problems.
- Ability to work well both independently and within a team environment.
- Ability to use tools appropriate for assigned task.
- Ability to remain focused on exceptional customer service, both internally and externally.
Here’s additional information you need to know:
Physical Demands & Requirements
Ability to lift/push/pull 50 lbs. occasionally.
Ability to climb, crouch, stoop, bend, and squat, frequently.
Ability to stand and walk constantly/continuously.
Ability to balance constantly/continuously.
Ability to kneel occasionally.
Ability to understand and communicate verbally, in person and over two-way radio.
Ability to understand and communicate written instructions.
Ability to work outside in extreme weather conditions.
Ability to perform work in confined spaces.
Ability to work in an environment with high dust levels.
Ability to meet requirements of PFT and fit testing, when applicable.
Ability to meet requirement of and utilize all applicable PPE, when applicable.
Ability to distinguish, with a degree of accuracy, differences or similarities in intensity or quality odors, or recognizing particular odors, using nose.
Ability to work extended hours, weekend, holidays and/or alternate shifts as needed.
Uses near, far and peripheral vision and depth perception for task(s) being performed; may need to be able to identify problems with grain.
The work environment described here are meant to be representative of those an employee would normally encounter while performing the essential functions of this job.
The physical environment requires the employee to work both inside and outside in heat/cold, wet/humid, and dry/arid conditions. Frequently required to use personal protective equipment.
Travel, 5%-20% travel may be required at some facilities. This may include off-site training and/or work at alternate locations.
Are you ready to make a meaningful career move & an impact at Cooper Consolidated, LLC? Apply today!
Known in our industry for stability and high ethics, Cooper Consolidated, LLC offers a stellar benefits package including: an outstanding 401(k) retirement plan with company contributions, medical, prescription drug, dental, vision, life, & disability benefits, flexible spending accounts, paid leave (holidays, vacation, sick), wellness programs, recognition programs, community involvement opportunities, and much more!
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this position. It should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
All Third Party Agencies, Headhunters, and Recruiters
Cooper Consolidated, LLC and its Subsidiaries only forms contracts with recruiters with whom we have an established relationship and with whom we have in place a signed contract. All contact from third parties must go through our Human Resources Department. Any contact made outside of our Human Resources Department by a third party will cancel any future business relationships between the third party and Cooper Consolidated, LLC and its Subsidiaries.
To learn more and apply for this position, click here.