Kiewit is accepting applications for a Heavy Equipment Mechanic (Soda Springs, ID; Gillette, WY)
Plan, lay-out, install, test and repair all types of construction equipment in accordance with all applicable plans, specifications, codes and industry standards. Assure that all construction equipment works efficiently, safely and is in compliance with the company Preventative Maintenance Program.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Provide troubleshooting, maintenance and repair on heavy equipment as needed.
- Address any equipment safety concerns.
- Disassemble / Assemble equipment.
- Test and adjust electrical and hydraulic systems.
- One or more years’ previous heavy equipment troubleshooting and repair experience is required. Combination of education and experience is preferred.
- Knowledge of diesel and gas engines, hydraulics, pneumatics, lubrication and electrical systems.
- Non –structural welding and fabrication experience is a plus
- Must be able to work day, night or swing shift as needed.
- Ability to work both inside and outside in ambient temperatures as required.
- Working Conditions shop and outdoors project environment; constant standing and walking, lift and move objects up to 50 pounds.
- Must be able to climb on and access equipment safely. Must be able to wear full body harness and work at heights while tied off. Frequent bending, pushing and carrying.
- Rotating 12 hour shift schedule with annual calendar for ease of planning work/off-work activities.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
For more information and to apply for this position click here.
To find additional job opportunities at Kiewitt, please click on the following links: